Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

queen for a day ? ....

deangreen
11 years ago

Siloam Queen Bee really makes a nice bold addition. If you like orange, I know some don't. :) It also has lots and lots of buds. I like to put this in the garden next to other bold colors, or near light and dark plants.

I let the purperilla (sp?) grow where it may in the garden and then weed out at whim when I feel like it's overdoing it. the green vine in front is from a pumpkin I left out last fall. but the most exciting thing in the garden photo to me is in the back left corner. A new Korean Angelica that I have to wait until next year to see it bloom. you can click on the photos for a larger view. :)

Comments (8)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Deangreen, Queen Bee is a has a pretty face. What size is the bloom? I happen to love orange...not as if I had to tell anyone who looks at my posts. Your grouping is very attractive.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I do like orange and I like it very much. Looks good in the garden shot also.

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I don't like orange-except in daylilies & I'm crazy about it. I don't think I've seen this one before, really dramatic, I like it. I've been trying to grow angilica gigas for ages from seed, got some fresh seeds last fall from someone & they still refused to grow. Guess I'll have to get a plant somewhere, where did you get yours?

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I love it and wish I could find somewhere that sells it. It would compliment all my other Siloams nicely. And I love orange...(but I love all the colors).

Celeste

• deangreen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks y'all. Kay, I think it's considered a small flower.
    Ngrahm, I bought two of these plants this spring, then went back and bought two more to put in my freind's yard in AR. Believe it or not, my source was Ebay! :)
    THere is a guy that grows them in Jasper AR, so he shipped the little baby plants to me, and they all transplanted well. Everything I've read says it's pretty hard to get seeds to grow unless it's right after they fall or something, and then also that they don't like transplanted. Anyway, all the ones I've planted are growing fine so far, so hopefully I'll get some blooms next summer! I think the guy in Jasper was featured in a Southern Living magazine about growing the Angelica. never give up! ha
    * I think Marietta's might have S queen bee...

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I love orange and the brighter the better :-).

Julia

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

I love orange daylilies and find I have added several in the last few years and I also love daylilies with lots of buds. That one seems to have both.
    Val

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Who couldn't like orange when paired with the Purple Heart (Setcreasea) and the Purple Perilla? I'm always on the lookout for orange, colorfast/sunfast, daylilies, and Siloam Queen Bee's color is a nice one if it holds. If only daylilies bloomed around pumpkin time in fall what a great time for Charlie Brown and me...Maryl

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design