Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
queen for a day ? ....

Posted by deangreen 7b OK (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 9:41

Siloam Queen Bee really makes a nice bold addition. If you like orange, I know some don't. :) It also has lots and lots of buds. I like to put this in the garden next to other bold colors, or near light and dark plants.

I let the purperilla (sp?) grow where it may in the garden and then weed out at whim when I feel like it's overdoing it. the green vine in front is from a pumpkin I left out last fall. but the most exciting thing in the garden photo to me is in the back left corner. A new Korean Angelica that I have to wait until next year to see it bloom. you can click on the photos for a larger view. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: queen for a day ? ....

Deangreen, Queen Bee is a has a pretty face. What size is the bloom? I happen to love orange...not as if I had to tell anyone who looks at my posts. Your grouping is very attractive.
kay

o

I do like orange and I like it very much. Looks good in the garden shot also.

o

I don't like orange-except in daylilies & I'm crazy about it. I don't think I've seen this one before, really dramatic, I like it. I've been trying to grow angilica gigas for ages from seed, got some fresh seeds last fall from someone & they still refused to grow. Guess I'll have to get a plant somewhere, where did you get yours?

o

I love it and wish I could find somewhere that sells it. It would compliment all my other Siloams nicely. And I love orange...(but I love all the colors).

Celeste

o

thanks y'all. Kay, I think it's considered a small flower.
Ngrahm, I bought two of these plants this spring, then went back and bought two more to put in my freind's yard in AR. Believe it or not, my source was Ebay! :)
THere is a guy that grows them in Jasper AR, so he shipped the little baby plants to me, and they all transplanted well. Everything I've read says it's pretty hard to get seeds to grow unless it's right after they fall or something, and then also that they don't like transplanted. Anyway, all the ones I've planted are growing fine so far, so hopefully I'll get some blooms next summer! I think the guy in Jasper was featured in a Southern Living magazine about growing the Angelica. never give up! ha
* I think Marietta's might have S queen bee...

o

I love orange and the brighter the better :-).

Julia

o

I love orange daylilies and find I have added several in the last few years and I also love daylilies with lots of buds. That one seems to have both.
Val

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 19:17

Who couldn't like orange when paired with the Purple Heart (Setcreasea) and the Purple Perilla? I'm always on the lookout for orange, colorfast/sunfast, daylilies, and Siloam Queen Bee's color is a nice one if it holds. If only daylilies bloomed around pumpkin time in fall what a great time for Charlie Brown and me...Maryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here