Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maryott's sale

Posted by irinas 6B NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 9:49

Below is the message posted on the Maryott's website.
I have never ordered from them, but I know they are everybody's favorite. Please ignore if you are not interested.

WE ARE NOW STARTING OUR SUMMER PROMOTIONAL OFFERS Our early shipments are in the mail. Our next shipment will go out July 11th. We are offering a DOUBLE FAN OF LARRY'S OBSESSION free with any $75 order or $75 add on. Just place your order before we change the special. This cultivar sells alone for $72. so you are getting it free. We will be running specials all summer including new spider collections. If you are on Daves Garden or Gardenweb, please put the word out! The year, for the first time, we are also offering three collections of recent Maryott introductions at very discounted prices. If you like big, round and ruffly, be sure to check them out. All are new plants and do NOT duplicate prior years collections. This year we will be introducing 12 new cultivars into commerce. If you are new to Maryott's remember we are generous with bonus on all orders. Our business focuses on providing the best new cultivars available in commerce at very competitive prices. We have been providing fine nursery products for over thirty years. We do not charge credit cards until close to shipment. Our shipping schedule each year is June 15 to September 30 and we will be shipping in rotation as received.

Irina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maryott's sale

You should order from them. They are very generous and you get tons of freebies. They usually change their specials every week so you can wait for one you really want too. They're plants are huge and healthy too. I don't know what they put in their soil but it's really impressive.

o

I love Maryott's - one of the best daylily vendors...but now is not the time to be planting daylilies here in Texas, unfortunately. It is way too hot. I'll have to wait until fall to add more cultivars.

Things grow very well in CA - I think it's the soil plus climate. I've gotten really big, healthy fans from Gold Coast Daylilies in CA, and others, too.

Nancy

o

I saw it on their website but am trying to ignore it. Temptation is hard LOL.

I have one round bed with plants I got last year from Maryott's. Some are Bill's intro and some are from other hybridizers that he was growing. So far they've all come back, all are scaping so should see something by mid July if not sooner.

Julia

o

He sprinkles them with fairy dust, because they usually bloom the year I get them! Wonderful place to buy daylilies!
kay

o

oh yes, forgot about that. They DO bloom the year you get them - unbelievable!

o

Maryott's is great! I am watching to see if he offers a lower price for bonus (ie $50) cause I'm trying to behave and not spend a lot more this year! I've put alot of money into framing and dirt for raised beds in the front of the house.

o

Not to be an enabler or anything...but remember, you can always put in your order now and ask for fall delivery if you do like a certain special.

Nate

o

bumping

o

FYI - Maryott's just reduced prices on almost half of their plants.

Nate

o

I have been enabled! Yet again. A lot of it is Floota's fault. All of those gorgeous pictures from the tour, especially Blue Grass Memories. And Bill had Blue Grass Memories for a reasonable price. What could I do but order? And I have always loved Wens Song and it was dirt cheap. What could I do but order. So now I have to find a place for a few more. And I won one of Floota's on the auction. I'm sure I will find a place...in fact, I know where it will probably be.

kay

o

OHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHH! I'm a terrible person. Or maybe whoever posted the new sale is just trying to get me in trouble, AGAIN!!! I had already placed an order at Maryotts so I could get Nancy's Quilt free a few weeks ago and now I just placed another one. I started to order Winner's Trophy when it was $65 but decided that I just couldn't afford it. I just could not resist getting it for $30 and of course I just had to have Vienna Waltz, Best in Class, Santa's Little Helper, Spc Dream Catcher and Written on the Wind to keep it company on it's long trip from California to Mississippi.

I've been very good all year. I'd only bought 5 or so on the Auction and now this. Oh well, at least I did get some of the ones that I've been wanting and didn't just buy.

If I can come up another $100 before their sale ends, I'll be getting some more. I sure do hope that I can find a way, they have got some of the best prices. SOOOO, all you addicts, have fun. I'm sure you all have a little more room.

Blessing to all and may your dreams of beautiful blooms come true, Mona

o

You are not bad, Mona. You just have this little addiction. I have it too. So do a few other folks on the forum. I just got four, but they were ones I had been looking at for a while except the Bluegrass Memories.
kay

o

Well I put in my Maryott birthday order today. My birthday is not for another month, but I ordered to have them delivered at the end of September.

MALAYSIAN MARKETPLACE (a forum favorite)
CITRIX (same as above)
WHEEL OF TIME (backyard plant for hybridizing maybe)
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS (same as above)
FREE WHEELIN' (awesome spider)
SERGEANT MAJOR (same as above)
NEW PARADIGM (promo)

Nate

o

I caved in...and got Bluegrass Memories...and a few more :)

Ben

o

Yep....good ole' Maryott is tempting us again. I already knew from LAST year that Bill puts on a big sale when I placed 2 orders in rapid succession...so I saved up money I was gifted for my birthday this year and waited it out. I had so many on my list but I didn't get THAT much money so I had to scratch quite a few off. I'm trying to finalize my choices and get my order in. I've already ordered from him this year as well, but how can I resist those great price reductions? I love, love, love Maryott's!

Celeste

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here