Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniegolden_gw

The Queen may not be saved

anniegolden
11 years ago

God Save the Queen. I think I don't really like this one after all. Perhaps the queen will not be saved and will make room for Purple Maze.

Beautiful Edgings triplets

Itza Butte Prounounced Beaut, as in Beauty, not butt, so it didn't land on the list of ones to avoid because of the name. The photo is too pink, it is really more of a peach.

Braided Edgings Ooooo, I think the photo shows the diamond dusting on the edge, although it is way more sparkly in person.

Christine

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Hi Christine,

I would wait a year or so to be sure on GSTQ if this is the first year...maybe even mover her. I have been astounded at the difference it makes. Braided Edges is my favorite of these...pretty colors and good shot.
    kay

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Braided Edgings is my favorite though Beautiful Edgings is always a top contender. The Queen maybe just needs a little more time to be beautiful.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Braided Edgings is my favorite also. And I am not impressed either by God Save the Queen but honestly, you need to give it a chance and at least see how the rest of the scapes and flowers do.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Beautiful Edgings always looks good and is my favorite.
    Val

• anniegolden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your comments. As for GTSQ, this is the 3rd year here and I just don't like the color. When it's cool, it has trouble opening and when it's hot, it melts.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Itza Butte has an instant rebloom scape, and it seems to be quite a strong grower for only the second year here.

Christine

• sann777
    11 years ago

I would just move it and keep it, butyou may not have the room. (I am just digging my yard up everywhere). I like that Beautiful Edgings. Mine was bloomed out yesterday - it's wet here today. I love that Braided Edges - so pretty. Sarah

• shive
    11 years ago

GSTQ looks like it has good colors for you. But it does take more than half a day to open when night temps are cool. I haven't noticed it fading more than my others here. Itza Butte is a beauty, and my favorite of these. I do see the diamont dusting on Braided Edgings' edge!

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

GSTQ was one ugly daylily when it first bloomed. Given time, it is now one of the best daylilies in our garden. It just took a little while for it to come into its own. Don't give up on it. Mine has gotten better and better.

Nancy

• anniegolden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your comments about God Save the Queen. I will be more patient with her.
    Christine

• blue23rose
    11 years ago

I've always had a thing for the cream colored ones with dark rose eyes and edges. Braided Edgings is lovely!

I agree with the others about GSTQ if it is the first year. This has been a weird year, so the performance may not be as we had hoped.

Vickie

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Here are pictures of GSTQ - FFO in 2011 and garden shot in 2012. Cheers -- I think my FFO is uglier than your picture!

I like the "freckles."

Nancy

• anniegolden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's my ugliest one. GTSQ hiding her face in shame.

Christine

• kydaylilylady
    11 years ago

It is interesting, I saw God Save the Queen in the Daylily World garden a few years ago and was not impressed. It certainly, in Kentucky, did not have the color, bells and whistles that all of the pictures showed it to have. It looked pretty much like a bunch of others with an edge. It may be that the further north is came, the more common it became.

Janet

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County