Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

One Daylily - OT other plants

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

Just a couple of pics to see how Photobucket is working.

Intelligent Design - started blooming a couple of weeks ago but they were left over scapes from last year as they are not tall. More scapes came up which are much taller and well above the foliage.

Black Eyed Stella and Stella D'Oro are also blooming but you've all seen pics of them before LOL.

NOID pink peony has also been blooming for awhile but when we kept having heavy rains they flopped over so I ended up cutting alot of them off after I took the photo.

Lavender and veronica are blooming.

Clematis Josephine, Rebecca, Huldine and Blue Angel

Best bargain buy for me last fall was Allium Star Of Persia from Lowes. GIANT flower heads but short so I need to move them more foward in the fall. The foliage stays green and doesn't die off like the other ones I have. I have them in two of my garden beds but definitely want to add more this year.
{{gwi:648582}}

More to come but I gotta get outside and finish before the temps get too hot to work outside again.
Julia

Comments (11)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

all very pretty, Julia, especially the clematis. I love clematis.
    its already hot here, byt 8am its hot, into the 90's.

jean

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Your garden must look lovely with all those blooms.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Forgot to mention that daylily is gorgeous, too.LOve that., and the peony too.

jean

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Intelligent Design is a really good one. Mine has put up re-bloom scapes. Those peonies are gorgeous My Rebecca did not do well this year, and yours is beautiful. I don't have blue Angel, but have the other two and they did fine. I think Huldine is still blooming. Of course Rooguchi is still blooming since it blooms all summer. Everything looks beautiful at your house.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all.
    Okay, let's see if I can finish the pics. Too hot and humid outside.

Front and side garden beds. I thought I loaded ones of the back gardens but can't find them.
    {{gwi:648585}}

Side garden bed by rock wall. I noticed that my trellis for the clematis MultiBlue is leaning. I guess all those wind storms took a toll on it. These were taken over past couple of weeks.
    {{gwi:648586}}

We've started working on replacing our rear yard area fencing. Slow going since the weather hasn't been cooperating and we have to hand dig each hole for the new posts. Well, I should say "my husband is hand digging each hole". ;-).

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Intelligent Design is really pretty. I used to have some of the Star of Persia alliums, lasted several years then suddenly disappeared. I would buy more if I could find them local, I really liked them.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Your garden looks great. Love your clematis and Intelligent Design looks like a great one.
    Val

• shive
    10 years ago

Intelligent Design is such a nice one - short scapes or not! I love the way your side garden looks, and every clematis on that pretty trellis.

Debra

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

It's nice to see photos of other things going on in your garden right now. I just planted a few clematis, but sure wish I'd seen Blue Angel so I could have purchased that one. I used to grow General Sikorski, which was a beautiful periwinkle, but I moved it too many times and it finally died. I haven't been able to find it to replace it yet.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

that first one of Int Design is wonderful! really like it, wow. and like all your garden pics too. :)

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What a pretty garden you have. I really like Intelligent Design even if it's blooming in the foliage it has a great color.
    Linda

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County