Voices In The Dark

This post was edited by ruthz on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 10:21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to post a few pictures

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 10:16

Voices in the Dark
This year the clump has decreased and the flowers are smaller.
What causes this?

o

They are very pretty, Ruth. did Voices In The Dark have a great year last year? I have noticed that some of mine (not all, but many) will have a couple of down years after an exceptional bloom year. I lost a good bit of one of my excelent plants,and I blame it on the very cold winter.

kay

o

The pics may be rejected because they are too large. You can resize pics at resize.com.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 1:15

Voices in the Dark is a really pretty Shooter hybrid. It's listed as a "sev" so that says not much as far as winter hardiness in your zone. I know your winter was colder then normal, but just my guess is it's not winter kill that's the problem. Could be cultural. Pot it up in some really good quality and well drained potting mix if it looks like you might be going to loose it and see if the change in growing medium helps any. If you dig it up you could also get a peek at what's going on with the roots...Maryl

o

Voices in the Dark is really pretty. I have the same symptoms with several of my clumps, and I blame it on the long, cold winter coupled with an extremely dry month of May.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here