Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FFO and some others

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 10:23

My daylilies are finally starting to open. Lots of scapes but not many flowers yet. The first ones to open were the Stella seedling, most of which turned out yellow. There's one pod with an orange colored ring around it. I'm waiting to see what that one will be like. Here's 2 that I thought not to bad. Marg
STELLA SEEDLING 1

STELLA SEEDLING 2

Wild Horses had its FFO. It didn't open fully and the flower was smaller but it's a start.
WILD HORSES

Leebea Orange Crush opened this morning. She was blooming at 8 a.m. when I went out.
LEEBEA ORANGE CRUSH

Closeup of Leebea Orange Crush
LEEBEA ORANGE CRUSH CLOSE UP

Some others I thought I'd add.
FROSTEDVELVETHEUCHERAWITHWHITECOLUMBINE

This one was potted up and I moved it into the tent so I could get a better picture.
CAERULEABLUECOLUMBINE

ROCKYMOUNTAINPENSTEMONWITHYELLOWCOREOPSIS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FFO and some others

Your getting some very nice blooms now. I always like the orange ones, so Orange Crush was a goodie.
kay

o

Hooray, your daylily season has started, Marg! I like Wild Horses and Leeba Orange Crush. That clump of white columbines must look magical close up to it. My favorite photo is the last one. Yellow and blue flowers always look so great together!

Debra

o

Very pretty daylily bloomers and flowers. Leebea Orange Crush is my favorite.

o

Nice garden! Wow, you have 2 grills huh? :)

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 13:57

Thanks everybody. We actually have 4 grills because when my brother moved west, he left us 2 more! We use 2 at the family picnic because nobody seems to want to wait for their dinner!
Debra: the white McKenna Giant columbine were spectacular this year, and then the wind hit. It's very windy here today and the columbine have all been knocked over. The Rocky Mountain penstemon is new this year and I plan to start more because I like it so much.

o

Congrats on your daylilies starting! I like Wild Horses, it's early and looks good all day usually! I also like the last picture with that color combination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here