Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Saturday blooms

Julia WV (6b)
11 years ago

I was out very early this morning hoping to just get the sunrise coming up and not have intense sun showing on the blooms. We have a cool breeze blowing today. By cool, I mean no humidity. I still have more to finish loading but here are some to show from today and finishing up the Thursday/Friday ones. Hope you enjoy.

AZTEC HEADDRESS - this morning

BLACK FALCON RITUAL - FFO, seems to do okay.

DESERT SHORE - second opening. The pinkish tinge is from the sunrise shining on the bloom.

FOREVER RED - second opening

JAMAICAN LOVE - as good as it is going to get I guess this year. Disappointed.

ED BROWN - FFO. I don't seem to have a problem with EB surviving here as I know others do.

FANCY FACE - opened yesterday.

STEALTH BOMBER - FFO and also one of the buds that was "sunburned". I'll see what the next ones look like that weren't affected. Jury is still out.

ONE TWO KANGAROO - opened yesterday and today. Deeper in color than in past years.

SOCIAL GRACES - big disappointment for me this year. Very small blooms, won't open correctly. As good as I think it will get this year.

SOUL ON FIRE - FFO. Always a champ here.

WISEST OF WIZARDS - this is about the 7th or 8th opening and this is as good as it gets. Another disappointment.

WATCHYL MOONBEAM - doing its things. I wasn't crazy about the color as I expected cream to whitest but definitely this is lemony to greenish color.

KENTUCKY LUCKY - second opening this morning

FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH - second opening this morning

LAVENDER CREAM CASCADES - opening again this morning.

HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS - Yesterday - opened again today but only a single. Time to cut the scape and let it rest.

That is it for today.

Julia

Comments (13)

• shive
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have more beautiful clumps! The clump shot of Aztec Headdress is my favorite. My favorite single bloom shot is of Forever Red. It's too bad Social Graces doesn't open all the way for you. Maybe it will in time.

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

All very pretty ones today. Love BLACK FALCON RITUAL, its very pretty, and I love the FOREVER RED, Thats my favorite. SOULE ON FIRE is a beauty, too.

jean

• nat4b
    11 years ago

I was scrolling back and forth trying to pick a favorite as I like many of them. Ok, Forever Red, Ed Brown (lovely!) and the one you were not crazy about the color, Watchyl Moonbeam. I will need to look that one up.
    Soul on Fire is nice, right? I am just so surprised that mine was so early, in fact today it opened its first flower on the instant rebloom scape. I'd be interested to know the bud count on yours.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Lovely bloomers your way. I do have to choose HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS as my favorite since I bought that one last Fall also. But honestly there are so many pretties, it is hard to choose. Lovely flower on BLACK FALCON RITUAL.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Lavender Cream Cascades is an interesting and eye-catching flower. It looks fairly well budded, though I suppose it is fairly small. A lot of larger blooms are smaller this year, so this is not a good year to make a final judgment. Still, there must be room for others.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have several of the Maryotts which if they don't improve next year, they will go.

Soul On Fire is very good here. It has several scapes up so when they finish, I'll cut them and post a pic.

Thank you all for the comments. More to come.:-).

Julia

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

You have a lot of beautiful Ones blooming today, Julia. Fancy Face is my favorite.
    kay

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Beautiful photos -- it looks like the light was perfect. Black Falcon Ritual is a standout, and I really like Desert Shore.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Really like Aztec Headress and Black Falcon Ritual. Thanks for sharing your stunning photos.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Very pretty photography! I have Freedom's Triumph (planted last fall) and it will be blooming for the first time in a couple weeks. I love Black Falcon Ritual, Hot Tamales and Red Hots and Lavender Cream Cascades.

Celeste

• deangreen
    11 years ago

aztec headress sure is a great clump. just great!
    also really like the fancy face. what great patterns etc..

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

really nice shot of Aztec Headdress. Black Falcon Ritual looks like velvet. Need to look that one up....Maryl

• gothiclibrarian
    11 years ago

Aztec Headdress is just incredible! Wow, what beautiful clumps Such a strange year though, nearly for everyone if I've been reading correctly...

Cheers!
    ~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net