Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_barginear

Short on Words - Long on Appreciation

Nancy Barginear
10 years ago

Love, love, love seeing the pictures of everyone's daylilies here at the forum. Although I usually am not at a loss for words, my replies are limited. Detailed expressions about each photo are simply not possible due to time constraints and fatigue.

Seeing as I start early every morning photographing daylilies for seedling records, pinching off spent blooms until my back screams "quit", and retreating indoors once the sun and heat start overwhelming me, I then have to run in and upload ther 100-200 pics and sit at the computer hour after hour renaming the files. This time of the year it's a full-time job keeping up with everything.

Scapes on many of our daylilies are unbelievably tall this season, and now that they are on the decline due to our nasty hot weather, the daylily garden is looking like a graveyard of sticks" (tall spent scapes). My bad back and lack of garden help don't help. I can't find a worker who will work out in this heat to clean up the beds.

Just wanted to let you all know that even if my replies are short and mundane, I still love seeing your pictures - thanks everyone.

Nancy

Comments (4)