Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ageless Beauty?

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 10:34

I was wondering if anyone had this one? How does it perform for you? I've seen pictures of Hillbilly Heart and it is similar in colour but different shaped, both are beauties. I just can't decide between them! Any advice? Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ageless Beauty?

I would definitely say no to AGELESS BEAUTY in your climate zone. It was a wimp here, actually survived but didn't thrive - refused to increase, wouldn't bloom after a tough winter, etc. Got rid of it a few years ago. A friend in PA loved the color too and wanted it but I told her to try something harider in that color category ( HILLBILLY HEART was one recommendation). HH does very well in this climate although i can't attest to its performance in zone 5.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 12:54

I already have about 10 Stamiles in the garden and was hoping this one would do. Maybe I'll see if I get someone from a colder climate answering. Thanks for the info. Marg

o

I don't have it, but got one of its kids I believe, Raspberries in Cream. It's only a year exactly to this date, and so far it's a small plant (the smallest of all I got last year), but I just love the colors so much, that I will not mind the performance. That's of course if it ever flowers, at least more than 3 flowers ;)

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 15:48

I emailed the grower who is just about 2 hours east and south of us. She says it is doing very well this year but fizzles other years. She also says she doesn't recommend it for anyone in a colder zone. Guess I'll go with HH then. Marg

o

Ageless beauty has not taken off here either. I figured I would give her another year...Ellie

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 19:39

Second year here with AB and she's not a very vigorous grower at all. Wouldn't surprise me if I loose her this winter if it's a normal one. I had a couple of blooms on her that showed promise. But she needed more blooms for me to decide if I liked her or not. Raspberries and Cream is supposed to have a whiter background color then AB, but if she grows like her parent, I would think she'd be a little weak too.....Maryl

o

Ageless Beauty has never come of age here. It remains forever in infancy.

o

If it doesn't like Julie and Miss Ellie's climate, it makes you wonder why it was ever released. I had it and fortunately it was blooming one day and someone wanted to buy it. They got all of it and I was happy to see it go.

Hillbilly Heart has never had a chance to clump up here because people see it bloom and it gets divided regularly. In fact one year I kept the blooms picked off it just so it would have a chance to increase a little.

Janet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here