Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dementieva

Multi and Various Shots 2013

dementieva
10 years ago

Today I got some interesting groupings, and I haven't posted many photos this year, so here are a few. You'll probably see lots of seed pods also.

Nate

AMERICAN FREEDOM foreground, BODACIOUS BITE background

Comments (30)

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SERGEANT MAJOR looking good. Behind it, TOTAL RECALL iris is about to bloom.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

TIC TAC TOE foreground, WITCHES WINK background. The two look similar, but TTT is slightly darker than WW (not really noticeable in this photo). These are both on rebloom scapes.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This was May 12. FREE WHEELIN is the yellow spider, and to the left is SCREEN PATTERN. The red in the middle is BOLD MOVE.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Nice clumps and multiples. Love TiC Tac Toe.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And here's roughly the same view today, about a month later. Most of the faces have changed, but BOLD MOVE is still going strong, with big seed pods on the ones that were blooming in the previous photo. Foreground is SKINWALKER.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is a seedling I bought from Mark Carpenter last year because it was very rust-free. He said it would have been an intro, but it often has one funny petal (I've seen it some, but not often). The cross is FOREVER IN TIME x tet RED EYED DYNAMITE.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's my seedling 1101a from FIRE AGATE x THIN MAN in the foreground, with its parent FIRE AGATE in the background. It makes a funny straight petal, but it's tall and it's about to rebloom.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the same seedling from a more flattering angle. It had 14 buds on the first scape.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is 1102a, my seedling from BODACIOUS BITE x THIN MAN. It is almost toothy.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is 1102b, also from BODACIOUS BITE x THIN MAN. I like the separation in the eye.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One last seedling to post, this one from seeds that Ed (xokientx) gave me when I was first starting. The cross is (RED VOLUNTEER x unk) x unk. Very nice looking flower.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful photos I really like the Mark Carpenter seedling.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

The Mark Carpenter seedling and your red seedling from Fire Agate are especially beautiful to me. I also like Sergeant Major.

Celeste

• shive
    10 years ago

I think your red seedling is very pretty. I also love the Carpenter seedling. I'm very fond of red eyes.

Debra

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the comments! I'm going to put up some more pictures of things that got left out of the first round.

For red eye lovers, here's RENEGADE LADY.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's ROYAL GLORY, a local intro from the Breedens near Houston.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

MAN OF SORROWS

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ILLUSIONIST does this a lot. Very different form.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ed's plant, RAY SOUTHWORTH.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SCREEN PATTERN did nothing the first year I had it, but 2012 and 2013 I have loved it.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And since this thread is getting huge, I'll finish with JENNY GIES, the one Mark Carpenter named after my mother (name-a-daylily raffle prize from the 2012 Region 6 Meeting).

Thanks all for looking!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

What a nice crop of beautiful photos! I like your seedling Bodacious Bite X Thin Man. I like the recurving it does. And red with yellow always slays me, so I like the Fire Agate X Thin Man seedling too. What is the size on Sergeant Major? It looks huge. The Carpenter seedling and Renegade Lady are both very appealing. You have posted an altogether nifty group. Thanks.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Jenny Gie is really primped up! I like the playful Illusionist, but are there grumpy days?

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the compliments!

SERGEANT MAJOR is registered at 11", and I've measured it at that size. It's closely related to THIN MAN, but SM has much more consistent form.

ILLUSIONIST is pretty new to me, so I'm not sure if it will open like that all the time down here. Maryott's photo is quite a bit different.

Nate

• shive
    10 years ago

Ed's red looks flawless! Screen pattern is really doing its thing for you. And its colors look better than in other photos I've seen. I enjoy the extra red eyed beauty too!

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

I have a passion for reds, and love the ones you have: Sargent Major, your seedling, Man of Sorrows, and Ed's spectacular red, Ray Southworth. But....the lovely thing that is named after your mother is simply gorgeous. You really have some fine-looking daylilies!

Nancy

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Nice flowers and views. My two very favorite are the one named after your mother and American Freedom.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

gee, you sure got some pretty ones. I love them reds and the purple too. and love that last one, gorgeous.

jean

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Great pictures of some really lovely daylilies. I especially like your Fire Agate x Thin Man seedling and the red Volunteer seedling and Ray Southworth.
    Val

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice Carpenter seedling you got.

Julia

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner