Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Jinger Bred, Faberge Easter and a panther

shive
10 years ago

After four rounds of rain yesterday and one in the cool early morning hours, the colors on today's blooms were highly saturated and darker than normal.

LILLIAN'S JINGER BRED, one I got on the Lily Auction just over two weeks ago, already put up a rebloom scape and bloomed! I had wanted this one for awhile, and it did not disappoint.

FABERGE EASTER had a beautiful ffo. It's blooming on very short scapes again.

BILL NORRIS with a poly, surrounded by self seeded spiderwort. I have all kinds of interesting spiderwort seedlings this year. While most have reverted back to the species, I have one that is light lavender with darker lavender strips and one that is white with blue lavender anthers.

CRESCENT JUMP ffo

Sammie thinks I'm mulching this bed just for her napping purposes. I think she looks like a panther in the jungle this morning.

I'll close with another shot of PATRICIA SNIDER MEMORIAL. This gal always looks good and begs for another glamour shot.

Debra

Comments (17)

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

All so very pretty, but Sammie is my favorite! PSM always looks so stunning and that first one is gorgeous, all pink and ruffly. Faberge Easter is so unique and beautiful. I hadn't seen that one before. I am enjoying your photos!

Celeste

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Oh gollies. them first 2 daylilies are gorgeous.especially the 2nd one, beautiful.kitty is pretty, too.

jean

• sann777
    10 years ago

I love all your pictures. especially Sammie. The P Snyder Memorial one is lovely. And the first two are very pretty as well. Sarah

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I think that is the best photo I have seen of Faberge Easter. I also like Crescent Jump--never heard of it, so just looked it up on AHS, I do go for UFs. Patricia Snider Memorial always seems to be ready for her closeup. Love your cat, she is a beauty. Avedon

• deangreen
    10 years ago

great photo of B. Morris! with the blue flowers in the background and a poly! wow. :)

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Ok Debra, as much as I like them all, I have to vote for the beautify Lillian's Jinger Bred. What a gorgeous " pink". I still love PSM though...
    Ellie

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I like that Crescent Jump Off and Sammy, but Faberge Easter is my favorite of the blooms, even over PSM... today.

kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Sammie is the star! LILLIAN'S JINGER BRED is my favorite of the daylily blooms.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful daylilies and a beautiful cat or should I say panther.
    Linda

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the comments everyone. For those of you who liked Sammie best, here she is with her eyes open. I was able to get her to look up, and my husband snapped this shot.

For those of you who liked Faberge Easter best, here's another view.

Dean - Glad you liked BILL NORRIS even more with the poly and the blue spiderwort.

Avedon - Although Crescent Jump has a beautiful bloom, it has not performed well here for several years. I think it's too tender for our freeze and thaw winters. I've had short scapes and very few buds for past few years. I even moved it to full sun to see if that would help, but it didn't. My last resort will be to move it right next to my house and see if that will help.

For those who liked Lillian's Jinger Bred best, it was my favorite bloom today too. Although Faberge Easter was a close second.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's another view of Lillian's Jinger Bred showing the short scape and the whacked off fans. I was thrilled to get multiple fans on this one. I highly recommend the seller, Tink3472 on the Lily Auction.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Thank you, Debra, I am always happy to hear critiques about how the daylilies perform. I think it helps tremendously when it comes time to buy, and maybe the money will be better spent when there is some idea of how the DL might do in a particular place. I have heard many good comments on the DLS that Tink sell on the LA, so I will be looking at hers, especially this fall. Lovely picture of Sammie, her coat is so glossy and shiny. Avedon

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

The daylilies may be the "cat's meow" (groan) but Sammie is the star of the show. I recently went to my no kill cat rescue shelter and we were talking about which color cat has the hardest time finding a home. Black they said. I'm so glad Sammie has found a good forever home.......Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maryl - Many people superstitiously think black cats are bad luck. My own mother always hated black cats because she believed that. Sammie isn't all black though. She has a white locket, and a white patch on her belly.

Debra

• Cindy zone 6a
    10 years ago

Faberge Easter and Jinger Bred are really special, but not as special as your panther!

Cindy

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I can see why you've been waiting for LJB -- it's a beautiful pink.

My spiderwort has spread all over the garden this year. The white and lavender varieties have stayed put, but the blue (like yours) has sprouted everywhere. The bright pink one is the most invasive here.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chris - The bright pink spiderwort is the only one I don't have. If only those flowers would stay open longer, I would welcome the volunteers more. I do like it in the shadier areas of the yard where not much else grows.

Debra