Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pods, Spider Web, Cicada Shell

Posted by dementieva Zone 9 - Houston (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 11:13

I'm testing out the image upload with this image from this morning. I use the colored twisties to mark my pods. It works as long as I don't use more pollen types than the number of colors that twisties come in! These pods are on FIRE AGATE.

Nate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pods, Spider Web, Cicada Shell

And here's what the rebloom FFO looked like on the same plant today.

Image uploader is pretty nice if you don't mind one image per post.

Nate

o

NIce clear pictures!
cindy

o

I like the white edge on the petaloids, and bright red color of Fire Agate. You're doing well with pod setting!

Debra

o

Nice pictures and a lovely bloom.

o

Nate, if you got to your tire and lub center, they may be able to let you have some plactic tags. I get mine from the tore company . It's what they use to identify your keys and you can write on them with a paint pen from the craft department at Walt Mart. It will last as long as 2 years, which is plenty of time. I usually bury mine beside the seed when I put them in a pot or the ground. You may want to try ribbons too since there are so many colors and you can write on them too!!
Ellie

o

I tried it out on the Test forum but since I can only upload one per post, it would take forever to upload multiple shots.

Nice pod.

Julia

o

That's a good idea Ellie. I tried a couple different things last year and settled on twisties because they can't fall off by accident and the all-plastic ones are weather-proof. And it validates my habit of saving them! :o)

Nate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here