daylily blooms from yesterday.

Saratoga Springtime

Flat Gold

Lou Anna

Some Roses-

Comments (16)

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow wow wow the roses! and nice yellow and gold daylilie's . I like the ones with a solid color. :)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I like your yellow daylilies. Very bright and cheery. What is the name of your yellow rose that's so prominent in the 5th picture. Your roses look so fresh and floriferous. How pretty your yard is.....Maryl

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

RITA, Them roses are just gorgeous..Looks like you just have tones of roses on them bushes. so pretty, dyalilies are too.

jean

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Rita, I know your roses looked wonderful last year, but I swear they are unbelievable this year, so very beautiful! Nice daylilies too, I like the soft yellow of Lou Anna, looks like a big flower in that photo.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses! Love that big gold colored one.

The dayliies are beginning. I like the Flat Gold. Lovely big bloom!
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone!

Maryl, thanks but I don't remember the name of that yellow rose.

Kay, these blooming now are the not so exciting extra, extra early daylilies. But scapes are everywhere on my "real" daylilies.

Nancy, thanks. The roses got fed well early this spring with the Rosetone Fertilizer. Plus we had plenty of rain. So this is a lovely spring flush we are having. I do love it when the roses bloom each spring.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I have to say you have a eye catching and stunning display of roses Rita. I know how much work you must put into keeping them so kudos to you.

Julia

• Cindy zone 6a
    10 years ago

Gorgeous roses. And daylilies have started for you!!
    Look forward to more pictures.
    Cindy

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Oh Rita, those roses . . .

How many different varieties do you have? They're absolutely beautiful.

Chris

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lost count but I have a lot of roses.

• sann777
    10 years ago

I love all your roses. They are gorgeous. I can't wait for all your daylilies to start blooming. Sarah

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Haha Rita....'lost count but I have a lot of roses'....I could have said this myself....lol. When people ask me how many roses I have, the only thing I know for sure is that I have less than I used to. At one point I had over 300!
    Yours are very, very healthy-looking, abundant and beautiful and putting on quite the show. Lucky for you that you don't have japanese beetles!
    I do like those daylilies as well. Is that VT Flat Gold from Olallie? I've been collecting quite a few of the Olallie lates but don't have any earlies.

Celeste

• shive
    10 years ago

I like the shape of Flat Gold, and the roses are to die for. I especially like the pink rose that dominates the first of the rose photos. I bet you don't have any trouble waiting for the daylilies to bloom when you have the sensual treat of all those gorgeous roses to see and smell.

Debra

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Very bright and cheerful looking daylilies for a spring day but your roses really steal the show, what a stunning display.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone. Yes, the idea was to always have something blooming heavily in the garden so that the show goes from one type of flower to another.

Celeste, it is VT Flat Gold. I got a bunch of extra early bloomers from Ollalie years ago trying to extend my season. They are not very fancy but they do bloom really early.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Rita! No daylilies here in KY yet so I love seeing yours. Flat Gold is so cheerful...a good addition. Thanks for sharing your roses,too. They are outstanding. lesley

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!