Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On Thursday

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 11:37

I'll start with Wild Horses again, just because it looks good, unlike some of the following, oh, and I love it :)
P6149026

Chance Encounter FFO - not fully open again! Plus spots. What does it need? It has a premium spot. Yet it is not improving. It's going to be its third summer here.
P6149027

Russian Rhapsody - it's darker this year, which is better
P6149032

Navajo Princess - couldn't get close to it, it's a daylily jungle out there, I certainly need to rework that bed after they're done. Oh, and it does open at night. I happened to look yesterday at 10pm, it was open
P6149033

Loaves and Fishes - one of my favorites with triplets today :)
P6149040

S.Doodlebug - is one of those my DH likes
P6149041

Not so good an FFO on Soul on Fire. I think it's trying to bloom earlier than normal. Last year it was one of the first too, but I thought that was because I just got it in August of 2010
P6149044

Berry Delicious - the flowers are getting way smaller. Exact same thing happened with.. say Cameo Luster. Started nice and then flowers were getting smaller and smaller. Probably one of the traits of southern daylilies in the north. Pretty still, I think
P6149046

And a pale pink NOID 2FO
P6149048

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On Thursday

What a lovely bunch. I think Loaves and Fishes is my favorite today.
Christine

o

Loaves and Fishes is my favorite for sure. And that is such a pretty picture.

o

How in general has Berry Delicious performed for you? I agree that Loaves and Fishes is a looker.

o

oh I love Berry Delicious and Loaves and fishes, too. very pretty and my favorites

jean

o

Loaves and Fishes is very pretty with the triple blooms.

Julia

o

Berry Delicious and Loaves and fishes are my favorites, Wild Horses looks great too. I can't say what your problem might be with Chance Encounter. This is the 2nd full year in my garden, it has been good, except for the first season blooms when it was cool. Perhaps it doesn't like the cooler temps?

o

Great looking group Loaves and Fishes is my favorite.
Linda

o

Great looking group Loaves and Fishes is my favorite.
Linda

o

The flowers may be getting smaller on Berry Delicious, but the blooms are just as lovely as the larger versions. Loaves and Fishes and Wild Horses are fabulous!

Debra

o

Thanks all, and especially on agreeing with me about Loaves and Fishes :D :D
Mantis, Berry Delicious only just started, got it last June. Foliage is good, budded one of the first. I wrote the number of buds per scape but I forgot now, something like 20 on one and 15 on others. First flower was good, following are getting smaller. Has trouble opening after cool nites and once in a while tangles in its ruffles. I love it anyway :)
Ngraham, thanks for answering about your Chance Encounter. I'll pay attention to colder zone growers. I decided that I like the color of mine, and from afar I don't see poor opening and splotches, so I will let it be :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here