Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

A Few FFOS To Show

avedon_gw
10 years ago

There were some FFOS that I didn't realize were starting, so here they are, plus a some others that are blooming well.

El Desperado-- a small bonus plant that has impressed me by being able to put up a scape. The flower is small, of course, but in time I know this one will get up to speed.

Part-Time Princess--not the first bloom, but so superior to that one, I had to put it in. These blooms are really big, and I think absolutely terrific.

Starstruck FFO today and quite large

Zip Boom Bah--brand new and FFO open. This plant is also very small--I can just imagine how this will look in the future when it gets big.

Okay, finished with the new ones, wanted you to see Jean Swann clumps--this is such a good one for us. The flowers are all double, and look at the buds still left to bloom.

Jean Swann Clumps

Welcome Mat was also blooming very well this morning

Royal Heritage--I threatened this one with the compost pile and look what happened--it put up 11 scapes and is blooming beautifully.

Closing out with a beautiful clump of Susan Weber--this was yesterday.

Susan Weber--oldie but goodie.

Comments (13)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Yes, you really have a lot of Jean Swann. I like those Joiner doubles, and when they grow here (not always), they grow well. Part-Time Princess does indeed look good!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Oh my. You have some beautiful ones blooming. Love Susan Weber. Welcome Mat is beautiful, and I really like Zip Boom Bah. It looks like striped hard candy. My favorite, though, is Part Time Princess.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Love that clump of Susan Weber. I think she is a stunning daylily oldie or not. Starstruck is my favorite, love that big bright yellow bloom.

• shive
    10 years ago

That is a beautiful clump of Susan Weber, and Part Time Princess looks like a wonderful UF!

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

the princess and zip boom bah are my favorite. I really like a vivid pink like that and with the lighter eye, very nice. and on Z boombah, the midrib is so cool with a white line echoed in the graceful extension of the pistil. what a nice flower.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Oh I do love that SUSAN WEBER, she is a beauty.Mine don't seem to grow, but its still living. guess I need to dig it up too and pot it up with good soil, when I can get some.
    WELCOME MAT is very pretty,too. That JEAN SWANN clump is gorgeous. I really like that one, but, my favorite is EL DESPERADO. it qill be a beauty when it decides to grow good.mine done nothing until I dug it up and put it in a pot,and now its going like it wants to make up for lost time.beautiful blooms today Avedon.

jean

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Part Time Princess is the one for me. I do like Jean Swann and Starstruck grabbed my attention..
    Ellie

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

All of them are great. Wow, you sure are having a clumpfest going on. Part-Time Princess definitely is one to keep an eye on. Looks great.

Julia

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Great daylilies, love the clumps, all are beautiful. Susan Weber is so pretty. Part Time Princess is lovely and a cute name. And my favorite is Zip Boom Bah FFOs!

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

You really have some awesome daylilies posted here at the forum today! My favorites are Part-Time Princess and Zip Boom Bah.

Nancy

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Once again, you have some stunners to show us! All are so very pretty and once again, I am in awe of your hubby's superb weeding job....lol. Everything always looks picture-perfect. It's so hard to decide whom is the favorite of these but I do particularly like the clumps of Welcome Mat and Susan Weber and Part Time Princess is stunning. I am glad you gave Royal Heritage a stay of execution because it is glorious.
    Wish I could 'borrow' your hubby to come weed my gardens. All this rain lately combined with not being able to get out there and work has the weeds out of control. My DH is terrific but he doesn't weed or garden at all. But he does mow the lawn on his riding mower...haha. And he can fix anything with a motor, so that's a plus.

Celeste

• houstmag
    10 years ago

I agree with Ellie, Part Time Princess is my overall favorite of a wonderful group of blooms.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, friends, to read what you have to say about the flowers. Looks like the Princess is the"winner" this time out-LOL. Most of you are probably like me, the FFO is fun to see but not necessarily the best one. In case anyone missed the info I posted before, Part-Time Princess is a bonus plant from Judy Davission. I was totally impressed by her doing this, because she lists it at $75 on her website. Celeste, my husband is the best, he is always working on the garden or something else around here. He also fixes everything that breaks, and like your husband, does all the mechanic work on our vehicles and mowers. As far as mowing, we both mow. I have my own riding lawn mower and he has his, and together it usually takes two hours or more--that's both of us mowing --to get everything done here. And, some of that weeding is done by me, at least in the morning before the heat sets in. Avedon