Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houstmag

Saturdays Blooms and a new project

houstmag
10 years ago

Ok these are the rest of my photos plus a photo of my latest project her name is Abbey and she has been roaming around the neighborhood for a couple of months no one seems to know who she belongs too. She would run away from you if you tried to approach her. She does have a back leg that seems to have been injured at some point in time. That leg plus her fear of people makes me suspect abuse at some point in time anyway we've been feeding her and we finally had a breakthrough with her the other day when she finally let us pet her.

Now to the daylilies

And last but not least

Please enjoy.
Linda

Comments (11)

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

It takes some dogs longer than others to recover from abuse. Abbey looks contented where she is. Beautiful girl. I like your Pink Aloha seedling. I bought Brandy Alexander last fall so it was nice to see a picture of it. Marg

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Oh More beautiful daylilies. I like them all but my favorite is Bancok Belle.

What a shame about the poor dog and so lucky for her that you care and are helping her. She really looks like a sweet and pretty dog. I hope she comes around.

• shive
    10 years ago

Abbey looks like a very worthwhile project. I like her smile! My favorite of the daylilies is Spacecoast Golden Thimble. I've always liked Bangkok Belle's coloring, and yours is wonderful!

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Abbey is a beautiful dog and time will probably cure her of her fear of humans. If she can be petted, then she should be on her way to connecting with you. I can tell you that our cat will not have anything to do with other people, only my husband and me. We don't know why, but he is just that way. Now, all your daylilies are pretty, especially Brandy Alexander and Bangkok Belle. Avedon

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I LOVE SC Golden Thimble and Brandy Alexander! I haven't seen those before but I think I'm in love.

Celeste

• FarawayFarmer
    10 years ago

Spacecoast Golden Thimble looks like one of those selfs that glows.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I am so glad you are rescuing Abby. She looks as if she will be a wonderful dog. Your blooms are so pretty, and I am so boring. I almost always go for the brights, and this is no exception. SC Golden Thimble and Brandy Alexander. They are my picks from this lovely group of blooms.
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I think there's a special place in Heaven for people who rescue animals; especially when they are mature animals. Abbey has a beautiful outside, and let's hope that with your love and care that her inside will heal and be as beautiful too....As for daylilies, Brandy Alexander and the seedling take my top two spots. Nice ones.....Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I'm late to post, but the daylilies are lovely.
    Poor Abbey. I do hope with time she will be more comfortable with you and let you examine her more closely to see if she had been injured. She is a beautiful dog.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I woudn't necessarily conclude abuse, as some dogs are naturally very shy. Regardless, Abbey now has loving attention. Bangkok Belle is a color I'm drawn to.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

So good of you to take on your new project. Abbey certainly looks like she'll reward you for your kindness. As for the daylilies I'm drawn to the beautiful bright color of SC Golden Thimble. Your seedling is very pretty too.
    Val

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting