Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

My grandbaby is here!

celeste/NH
10 years ago

He was born on Monday the 17th but I spent so much time at the hospital til he came home yesterday that I haven't had time to post his pictures. It was a very scary delivery and my daughter went through a lot to get him here but he is worth it! His heart rate plummeted and he got stuck, swallowed meconium and the umbilical cord was around his neck so she was rushed to OR for an emergency c-section but the doctor got him out with the vacuum extractor. He didn't breathe for awhile so it was terrifying. He is so very, very sweet and cuddly and I am loving having him here living with us! Here is my 3rd grandchild (all boys).....OLIVER DANIEL.....he weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 21 inches long. We are calling him Ollie.

Celeste

Comments (18)

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

Aww, look at him in his little hat! He's adorable! Congratulations to you and your daughter!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

What a cutie. What a hard "coming out" party he had! Oliver was my dad's middle name. Make sure he is in he light a good bit, Celeste. He has a pretty golden color and the light would be very good for him. Are you Nana, Grandma, Mimi, Granny? some other name for grandmothers? I know you are going to enjoy him.

kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Celeste, congrats to you and your daughter on your new grandchild. He is adorable.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Congratulations! Sure is a cutie. Sorry things didn't go smoothly, but so glad everyone is okay. Grandchildren are the best aren't they?!
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Congratulations to your daughter and you,He is certainly a little cutie.I know she is glad that is over with, now can injoy the little cutie.

jean

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the sweet comments everyone. Kay, yes he does have a touch of jaundice so we are making sure he gets outside today for some natural light. The doctor said that once his mom's milk comes in (which came in yesterday) and he poops and pees a few times it will work itself out. He's not as yellow today.
    I am known as 'Gram'. My first grandson calls me that and it has stuck. I LOVE being a gram! My son has the older 2 grandsons (they are 3 and 5-months) and I babysit them about 4 days a week.
    I couldn't resist posting another picture of him! LOL

Celeste

• wren_garden
    10 years ago

Congrats! Bless your daughter, what a way to start Motherhood. Look at those hands, those are strong looking hands. Just what Gram needs to help in the garden in a few years.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

He looks so perfect to have experienced so much, a beautiful baby! I like his name too.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Celeste! He is SO sweet :) I like his name, it's a (slight) variation of my nephew's name.
    And really glad everything is ok.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I have to tell you, Celeste, my youngest was a very golden color. He also had red hair and I thought he was beautiful. Not so. they transferred him to the UAB where he spent the next 10 days under the purple lights.

Gram is a nice name. I am Mimi from the first grandson. (more from my daughter, I think)

You are going to have a ball...and lose a little sleep, but so worh it. he is a real doll and I agree with wren-grden. He'll make a fine gardener.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Celeste, so glad everything turned out okay after a scary start. The baby is adorable and know everyone in the family is thrilled to have a new member. Love his name, think the "classical" ones are the best. Looking forward to more baby pictures in the future, right alongside all the daylilies and others--LOL!! It will be a great combination--babies and flowers, can't beat them!! Very best wishes to your daughter, know she had it rough, but she came through and now she can enjoy her lovely son. Avedon

• shive
    10 years ago

What a cutie! Welcome to the world, Oliver Daniel!

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

In this day of gosh awful children's names it's nice to have one that is a good one. I think Oliver or Ollie is just grand. So glad to hear of a safe delivery. He's a keeper from the pictures, that's for sure.......Maryl

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Celeste, he is beautiful and I know you think so. That photo beats any daylily photo, hands down. Congratulations.
    Ellie

• lesmc
    10 years ago

What a sweet baby boy! Congratulations to your daughter and your entire family. A blessing for sure. He does seem to have big strong hands. Better to help Gram in the garden some day. Best to you all. Lesley

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Congratulations on your new grandson he sure is cute.
    Linda

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Celeste, congratulations on the adorable grandson. He is beautiful! It sounds like he really gave you all a scare--so glad he is doing fine. He looks bigger than his weight indicates. Hopefully he will sleep through the night soon.
    I, too, became a grandma three weeks ago for the first time. It is so exciting. My son and daughter-in-law had a darling girl.
    Enjoy your new grandbaby!

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Congrats to you and your daughter. Handsome fellow.

Julia