Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Blooms Picking Up Every Day: Sunday

organic_kitten
10 years ago

There are more and more blooms. The season started late, but blooms are increasing rapidly.

Kansas City Kicker and Clump:

Walter Kennedy. I had this plant three years,and this is the first bloom. It was in a terrible site and was moved last fall:

Possession of Obsession:

Spacecoast Behavior Pattern:

Little Light of Mine:

Imperial Elegance:

Roman Cohort:

Til the end of Time:

Rapid Eye Movement:

Patrica Snider memorial:

kay

Comments (13)

• ruthz
    10 years ago

All of those are very pretty. I really like Walter Kennedy.

• shive
    10 years ago

Every one of those is gorgeous, with perfect blooms! Spacecoast Behavior Pattern is my favorite, closely followed by Possession of Obsession. Your Roman Cohort looks like it has lots of buds. Mine was almost overtaken by shrubs this year, and only has one scape, and it only has a couple of buds. I'm going to have to find another place to move it, and the other five that are planted in front of my burning bushes.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks rut.

Debra, I have go to move several that the Tulip tree has taken the sun from, and since I have decided to downsize a bit, several that I don't love are going. Roman Cohort is one that I really like, so it isn't going anywhere. Possession of Obsession has three big blooms today. And I am still being deviled with thrips and slugs.
    kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Wow you're really getting those blooms now I like them all.I also grow Patricia Snyder Memorial and it is one of my favorites, mine is sending out rebloom scapes right now.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Lots more beauties, Kay. Roman Cohort, Possession Of Obsession, Rapid Eye Movement, and Patricia Snyder Memorial are favs of today. Avedon

• User
    10 years ago

Lovely - especially Till the End of Time. Does it really have that flamingo pink color? I'll have to add that one to my list. Patricia Snyder Memorial looks great. I added this one last year and am looking forward to my first blooms in July.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Till the End of Time caught my attention, but I suspect it is not for the North. Is Possession of Obsession a burgundy color, or is this a case where the blue purple was not captured? What do you think of it? It certainly seems to have a lot of substance.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Great photos Kay. Loving the show. I also have Till The End Of Time here. Yours looks exactly how mine blooms here. I think if this is grown in a very hot climate, the color would fade more and be more like the hybridizers photo. Just my opinion.

mantis: if you want to try some in your garden, I can send you some in the fall to try. Email me if interested. I have to divide and move this one as it is growing right up against my bee balm.

Julia

This post was edited by juliany on Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 19:05

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

These are all so pretty I am wondering how to pick a favorite. I also feel sad seeing your pic of Rapid Eye Movement. Sad because mine didn't make it over the winter and I really loved it. It was weird that I lost it and 4 others when it overwintered fine before and none were new. SC Behavior Pattern reminds me so much of Kazoo which I grow. Walter Kennedy is one I have long admired. Til the End of Time is indeed gorgeous as are ALL the others and I wouldn't mind taking one of each, please.

Celeste

• mizellie
    10 years ago

I think Rapid Eye Movement get my vote as favorite but Walter Kennedy is close behind. You do have bunches of beautiful blooms! Ellie

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

They all look beautiful, but I'll pick a favorite from the group and choose Little Light of Mine. Very nice!

Chris

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Agree with Chris, my favorite is Little Light of Mine trio too!
    Mine barely survived this year, hope it doesn't disappear at all

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat4b. If yours disappears, I can surely send you some I have an enormous clump of Little Light of Mine. Thanks Chris, it always blooms well.
    Ellie, it is getting to be a bit rediculous. Clumps today. (Monday)
    Thanks Celeste, you will be having blooms soon.

Julia, it is a pretty one that blooms very well.

Mantis, Possession of Obsession is a true burgundy. It is just as it appears on the monitor.

Hostabuff, it is that Neon color.

Thanks Linda and Avedon.

kay