Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

One new and repeats to fill in

nat4b
11 years ago

I decided to quickly post before I go to work.

So excited to see a new flower! Also nice, that it miraculously escaped all the branches that were dragged right past it! Not a bud lost!

Here is Berry Delicious. One petal is curled, but I think it's pretty good for an FFO. It was a bonus! I could not afford it ;) Oh, I counted the buds too. 22 on one scape and 12, 15 and 16 on three other scapes.

{{gwi:766898}}

And the repeats

s.Double Classic 2FO

{{gwi:766899}}

Pink noid

{{gwi:766900}}

and Portulaca :) I guess this year it will all be this color, unless last year colorful ones come out

{{gwi:766902}}

Thank you for looking!

Comments (13)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

OH Berry Delicious is well named! Wow what a stunning flower. No wonder you like it as it is beautiful! I like Portulacas myself and plant some each year. I just buy the mixed colors. Yours looks very pretty.

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Beautiful color and form on Berry Delicious and hard to believe it's the FFO!
    christine

• dipsandtets
    11 years ago

BD is very pretty and sounds like a real bloomer and I like the color of DC too.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow, B.D. is a very pretty one and sounds like a great one, too. lots of buds.I love Double classic.it blooms a beautiful double every time, here. I love the portulaca, too, I have a basket full of it

jean

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Berry Delicious is stunning you sure were lucky to get it as a bonus.
    Linda

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

Lucky you on such a great bonus plant!!

cindy

• shive
    11 years ago

Berry Delicious looks good enough to eat! Isn't it great to get a gorgeous bonus like that! I assume you got it from Bill Maryott. He is so generous with bonuses. That's part of why I love shopping with him.

Debra

• gothiclibrarian
    11 years ago

Why can't my FFOs be so perfect! Really really beautiful, that Berry Delicious (and a fortuous bonus too) :D

Cheers!
    ~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Berry Delicious is a beauty!
    Val

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Berry Delicious is a real beauty and my pick for this group. I am a real fan of the color of your portulaca. Siloam double Classic is one of those porcelein appearing daylilies. Very pretty and great photos. Well donee.
    kay

• nat4b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everybody!
    I also found out Berry Delicious is fragrant, though I don't remember it was stated in the description. Btw, it and noid both baked in the hot afternoon sun, Dbl Classic looked ok.
    Yes, this bonus was of course from Bill Maryott! He attached a note saying something like that some plants might look small that year so that's why a generous bonus. I don't know, all plants looked fine as far as I remember. Great company. I was out of room this year but still ordered a couple.
    With portulaca there was no way to see what color they were going to be. I buy from big box stores and every year it seems like only one of them carry portulacas. One year I got all orange, another - mixed colors, etc so you never know.

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I think next time I order from Maryotts I will 'suggest' Berry Delicious as a bonus. That one is GORGEOUS!!!!
    I love how Bill sends bonuses that often exceed the amount we paid for our order...LOL.

Celeste

• nat4b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, today's two flowers are not so exciting on Berry D. One hung up on its ruffles, another was smaller and with barely an edge.
    But, I have another FFO - Loaves and Fishes! The one petal is not flat because there are buds under it, it's a branch, not top of the scape. Last year I got one flower and that very day the scape with the rest of the buds was broken
    {{gwi:766904}}

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!