Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Monday's Magnificent Marvels (photos)

shive
11 years ago

It's getting harder to get good photographs without ratty foliage or lots of mushy blooms. Here are the best from today.

GREAT WHITE

LAVENDER LOVELINESS

LAKE TAHOE AUTUMN in a bit of morning sun

APPLIQUE starting to rebloom

VENUS'S FIRE

2 TWO SUES

Edge No Eye NOID - I can't figure out what this one is. It's in a pot missing a label. I don't remember ever seeing anything that looked like this. It's not Kisses From Heaven, which is clearly labeled in another pot. I don't know whether it's a mistake plant for something else I ordered. The only other possibility is that it's SEAL of APPROVAL, which I bought five years ago and thought had died. Anyway, it's really pretty with just a touch of a lavender edge.

LEVI DAVIS - This one has bloomed for more than four weeks, and has a rebloom scape almost ready to start. Terrific pod setter!

KEYS TO THE KINGDOM continues to amaze me with fabulous blooms each day. It has loads of ruffles, but the blooms always open perfectly. src= "http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa213/shive_photo/June%202012/KeystotheKingdom617.jpg">;

LOVE ON A WIRE

Debra

Comments (21)

• katladie
    11 years ago

Love LAVENDER LOVELINESS and APPLIQUE, sharon

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sharon - Applique is one of my top favorites, so I'm thrilled it's reblooming. This is the first time in three years that it has rebloomed.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey, just noticed the Keys to the Kingdom photo did not show up. Here it is.

KEYS TO THE KINGDOM continues to amaze me with fabulous blooms each day. It has loads of ruffles, but the blooms always open perfectly.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I don't see any rattyness, only stunning blooms and stunning pictures lol! I could go with any of those for favorite but 2 TWO SUES and LAKE TAHOE AUTUMN are the best of the best for me.

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

TWO SUES is stunning!
    Christine

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I love Great White and Lavender Loveliness. I ahve lots of white but tht one is exceptional. Applique is always a fav. I haven't seen rebloom on mine yet.. As for ratty foliage, I thought it was just my garden...Ellie

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rita and Christine - Two Sues has great color, but the form is a tweener. I wish it had longer petals.

Ellie - Those are prettiest flowers Great White hasbloomed this season. The others took most of the day to open after cool nights. If I lived in the North and regularly had night temps in the 60s, I wouldn't keep GW. Good thing it's usually sweltering here. LOL!

Debra

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Beautiful flowers as usual :) I especially like Lavender Loveliness, very pretty and the name fits. ENE no name is pretty too, hope you will find the name! Love on a Wire is nice. Pretty color on Two Sues, too.

• gothiclibrarian
    11 years ago

Your NOID edge no eye is so soft and pretty. I could just sit and stare at that one.

Love on a Wire is great too...is that a white or "platinum" edge?

Cheers!
    ~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Two Sues is my favorite- I love that form. It looks like it could helicopter away.
    Renee

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Lake Tahoe Autumn is a real winner! Does anyone grow Lavender Loveliness in the North? I am wary of a lot of Carpenter's stuff. Lavender Loveliness I assume has the registered short scapes.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow, what a bunch of beauties you have. I lovethe second one..LAVENDER LOVELINESS and the last one. that gorgeous Red,,,,LOVE ON A WIRE .. Gorgeous.alot of the others are beauties, but this my favorites.

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nat and Anika - I love the NOID too - just wish I knew if it were a tet or a dip so I could spread its pollen appropriately.

Anika and Jean - That's a white wire edge on Love On A Wire. It may looks a bit reddish in my photo, but it's really a purple with less reddish tones than most of my other purples.

Renee - I guess the petals on Two Sues are shaped a bit like propellers. LOL!

Mantis - Lavender Loveliness does have short scapes, ranging from 20-22 inches.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Lake Tahoe Autumn is that newish (2011) Trimmer intro and it's luscious. Does the color hold on it? Do you like it?...Keys to the Kingdom is my next favorite. Love the form with the sculpting and all those ruffles. What a beauty.....Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maryl - I've only had two blooms on Lake Tahoe Autumn so far. I love the bloom, but I have no idea about plant habits here yet. The first day it bloomed the weather was cool. Today it was a humid 91 degrees, and the color held pretty well. It did fade a bit, but the bloom, which has thick substance, was still colorful and pretty at 7 p.m. I think it will do even better keeping it's color when it's out of a pot and in the ground. I will say the bloom held up better than the other new Trimmer late I got this spring, Wild Apple Autumn.

Debra

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Lavender Loveliness is my pick.
    Val

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Two Sues is always a favorite because of its unusual coloring. Mine is loaded with buds this year. Great White looks great, and I love the intense color of Lavender Loveliness.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Val and other Lavender Loveliness fans - I was going to get rid of LL until so many of you picked it as your favorite. It has very short scapes and the eye isn't blue, so it doesn't really Tfloat my boat.

Chris - My Two Sues is still in a pot and doesn't have many buds. I'll have to get it in the ground to see it do well.

Debra

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Lavender Loveliness is my pick for favorite but they are all beautiful.
    Linda

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

I also like Two Sues, different coloring. Keys to the Kingdom also nice!!
    Cindy

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Keys to the Kingdom has a great face with the sculpting(?) or is that pinching?
    Two Sues has a nice color and I've always admired pics of it on the forum.
    All are very nice pics.

Julia

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES