Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Sunday Superstars

organic_kitten
10 years ago

I am surprised to have so much blooming still.

This is the first daylily I ever bought. No idea what the name is since that was before I cared about names.

first bloom on Forsyth's Garrett Mason:

Alien contact:

El Desperado is getting wound up now:

Finally decent blooms on Vulcan Logic:

Bear Claws:

Ashwood's Talley Ho

Have to post Ruby Lipstick when it looks like this:

Flaming Flamingo:

Blueridge Belle Cherie:

Princess Leah:

When Salty Skipper looks like this, I have to post it too:

kay

Comments (14)

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Let's see-my favorites are 1 through 12--LOL. And why not when they all look this good. I must say Ruby Lipstick, your red NOID, Bear Claws, and Flaming Flamingo jump out. Can't wait for the day when our El Deperado looks like yours--it's going to be a pretty long wait, I imagine. Love Forsyth Garret Mason, it has that pretty edge, and well, just all of them give me a lift.. Avedon

• deangreen
    10 years ago

what great clump photos! I think flamingo flamingo is my favorite! :)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Your NO ID is really pretty. So is Salty Skipper and Ruby Lipstick. So many pretties!

• FarawayFarmer
    10 years ago

That NO ID plant could well be Ming Toy.

• shive
    10 years ago

I;m going to pick Alien Contact as my favorite of these - especially since I've already bestowed the honor on Ruby Lipstick and Salty Skipper on other days. I am also partial to Forsyth Garrett Mason, El Desperado and Vulcan Logic.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Wow, wow, wow! Kay, your clumps always look outstanding and you never show a daylily I don't like. These are all so very pretty. It is so darn tough to pick favorites with this bunch but the 2 I like best are Salty Skipper & Blueridge Belle Cherie. I also like that bright red unknown one.

Celeste

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

GEE KAYjean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Eager to see more of Garrett Mason.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Gotta love that clump of El Desperado and Ruby Lipstick and Salty Skipper are favorites. Also like Forsyth Garrett Mason and I see it's a late which is always nice.
    Val

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Salty Skipper is not giving up the show yet. Your lucky you got that one in your garden. Nice pic of it.
    Did your Karol Emmerich Count It All Joy bloom for you yet?

Julia

• User
    10 years ago

Ashwoods Tally Ho has a very interesting and different color combination. Very nice. I can't wait to see the first year blooms on my Ruby Lipstick. It's such a beautiful flower.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I thought my Alien Contact looked pretty good til I saw your picture. Salty Skipper is the one I love though

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Avedon, It's often hard to pick a favorite. Especially with clumps.
    Dean, I just had to have Flaming Flamingo.
    Thanks, Rita. I can't wait for your big show to begin.
    Faraway Farmer. I really think the petals on my NOID aren't quite the same shape as Ming toy, but thank you for suggesting it.
    Thanks, Debra. Alien Contact, Like a lot of my others had a lot of thrip and slug damage to it's earlier blooms.
    Jean, I can't believe you liked Garrett Mason:) I will post El Desperado as it blooms out.
    Mantis, I am hoping it will get back to it's regular blooming patterns. It pouted last year after I divided it.
    Thanks Val. they are all favorites of mine.
    Julia, You are so right. I really am lucky to have SS in my garden count It All Joy did bloom but I've had very few good blooms due to the slugs this year.
    Hostabuff, Tally Ho has a delicate, muted color, you are very astute to see it. Don't be discouraged if it takes a couple years to have a lot of blooms on Ruby Lipstick. I've had mine for three years now, and it is blooming extremely well this third season.
    kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

You're right what a group of superstars. Salty Skipper is always one of my favorites along with Ruby Lipstick and
    El Desperado.
    Linda