Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

a seedling plus!

mizellie
10 years ago

This is a second bloom on a seedling I posted a few days ago. The form has improved but it still looks pretty much the same. The others are all ffo's that are registered. Ellie

{{gwi:768686}}

I don't know why this one never gets the peachy color in my photo's. It is a peach color!!

{{gwi:768689}}

Comments (12)

• sann777
    10 years ago

Nice seedling. Every time I see Spectral Elegance I want it.
    That is a perfect bloom I think. Thanks for posting. Sarah

• shive
    10 years ago

Your seedling has a pretty ruffled edge and understated elegance. Spectral Elegance is my favorite of the registered ones. It looks like you have more blooming now than I do!

Debra

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sarah, SE usually doesn't have a perfect bloom the first time so I am always waiting for the second. She is one of my favorites. You should get it as I'm sure her price is way down..

Debra, I think you have more blooms than I. The petals on the seedling are pretty wide, maybe a bit to wide. I do like the color and the edge but wish that the eye was more defined. She has a 5.75" bloom and is 24" tall. only 6 buds but this is her first year so I will wait and see. The fan is rather small so I am a bit surprise of her height. Maybe a keeper yet!
    Thanks ladies! Ellie

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

So the blooms are starting for you huh, Ellie? I really like Dancing With Julie.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Spectral Elegance does very good for you and the opening looks perfect. Nice group Ellie. Looking forward to seeing more.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

very pretty blooms, ellie and I love that seedling. It is very pretty. blooms are picking up for you I see, that's good, more photos to see.

jean

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, I reset Dancing With Julie and she's really short this year. I think she doesn't like the soil in the new place. They still are few and far between blooms. The Rain today may help!!

Julia, SE opened good but is a little splotchy in places like it's still green. I think the next blooms will be better...I hope.

Jean, now that I have learned to operate Photobucket, I hope there will be more. It does take more time though.
    The seedling isn't to bad and still may improve.

Thank you all!! Ellie

• timberohio
    10 years ago

Ellie does your Spectral Elegance have crazy branching and bud count? Mine is no where near ready to bloom but check out this scape. I will be using this pollen on everything this year. Should mention this is it's 2nd year in my garden.
    Andrea

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Love Spectral Elegance such a perfect bloom. I still like your seedling to.
    Linda

• deangreen
    10 years ago

hi, I really like that spectral elegance, it reminds me of some of my favorite big siloams, but oh...if only they had that branching and bud count... I always think about how I should be crossing Siloam Pink Clouds with stuff since it has crazy bud count, or S. HEadlight for it's crazy tree like branching.

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nope, Mine doesn't do that but maybe it will soon since I shifted her in the fall. She makes pretty babies but I like Singular Sensation as a parent. Along with a few others!! Lol!! I think I will have some first timers from Spectral Elegance this year! I want to see it when it's in bloom too!!

Linda, the seedling looks better now than in the beginning. It probably will still improve though.

Deangreen, you should just do it. You can save the pollen until something blooms that you want to cross it with. I dare you!!....

Thanks folk...Ellie

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nope, Mine doesn't do that but maybe it will soon since I shifted her in the fall. She makes pretty babies but I like Singular Sensation as a parent. Along with a few others!! Lol!! I think I will have some first timers from Spectral Elegance this year! I want to see it when it's in bloom too!!

Linda, the seedling looks better now than in the beginning. It probably will still improve though.

Deangreen, you should just do it. You can save the pollen until something blooms that you want to cross it with. I dare you!!....

Thanks folk...Ellie

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022