Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Today's blooms

nat4b
9 years ago

Hi all,
I just wanted to mention that I love this forum and try to visit every day, but my computer has been acting very strange lately. I could only open 2-3 links and then it freezes. It happens here and on some other sites with links, including when I google. I cannot figure out (obviously) what's going on, and google (is my friend) could not help me either. I am not sure we will be financially able to get a new device any time soon, so I'll try my best to.. try :)
Also let's see if I can post pics ;)

Anyway, after the winter the things didn't look so great, and I thought I would lose a lot again like last year. But some were just slow to emerge in comparison, so they made it, and several came out very very late and now look like tiny seedlings, like this:

Those won't flower of course. So overall I completely lost 3 daylilies after the winter.
Also I only added a couple new ones this year, so I will mostly have familiar faces. But I have scapes on some that were sick last year or 2 years ago and/or did not bloom for some reason for 1 or 2 seasons, so yay looking forward to see them!

Here are the newly added ones with rebloom scapes (they came with cut scapes)
Cosmic Struggle

Fountain of Life

Mount Ararat

weeds, weeds everywhere! :(

And not new, first dl of the season Wild Horses

And pink noid with 2 FFO today

Thanks for looking!

Comments (11)

• shive
    9 years ago

Your three new Emmerichs are gorgeous! I like your photos of Cosmic Struggle and Mount Ararat better than the hybridizer's. Sometimes her photos have a dull gray cast to them. I added some Emmerichs this spring - Intelligent Design, All Things To All Men, and Forty Days and Forty Nights (because of your great posts about it!).Those have scapes but have not yet bloomed. I also replaced Entwined in the Vine, which was growing in a
    pot and died over the winter. Your example of a plant hit back by the hard winter is very familiar. Asian Fairy Bluebird, Gilded By Grace, Wall of Fire, and some of my others looked just like that too. I'm trying to nurse them back to health, but they haven't plumped up much yet. I'm sorry to hear about computer problems. I wondering if Malware is causing the problem. I would suggest going back a restore point before the problems started.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Nat, glad to see you post again. Mount Ararat is beautiful. I don't grow many Emmerichs, but her purples (and especially that one) are very appealing. Spring was slow to arrive here, too, but things seem to be shaping up nicely. I thought I'd lost Pink Aloha, but it's still there (barely).

I can't help but ask but do you cage your daylilies? I was wondering if you had deer problems or something.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Great looking blooms on those Emmerichs. Hope the plants all thrive for you.

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

Glad to see the Emmerich Daylilies look so good, I got my first three this year. Sorry to hear about your computer troubles, good luck with figuring it out.

Gale

• growgirl
    9 years ago

I like them all but, those Emmerich's are beautiful. I love purples and those do not disappoint! I wish I had more room for more plants. If I did, hers would be going in first:). Great pic of Wild Horses too. My friend loves that one and want to get it. I may have to break down and find one for her.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

They are all just gorgsous. Sorry you having computer problems.hope you get it figured out.

jean

• nat4b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks a lot everybody!
    I was very happy to see scapes on these new additions. Also all 3 FFOs opened nicely which is always good.

Debra, I wonder what you are doing to nurse those back to health? And wow, you added ID and 40 days :) Hope you love them. I really liked the description of ATTAM! Maybe some day..

Chris, I put cages around new daylilies because of squirrels. That loose dirt around new plants is like a magnet to them. Every time I don't cage (pots too) they dig holes there, exposing roots.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Those are some pretty Purples from Emmerich. Look forward to seeing more.........Maryl

• shive
    9 years ago

Nat - I'm just fertilizing the tiny fans with Milorganite and making sure they get plenty of sunshine.

Debra

• deangreen
    9 years ago

wild horses always a stunner! :)

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Especially love Mount Ararat! All the Emmerich plants look great. I don't think I lost any, but a couple of them lost all but one or two fans. My beds have more weeds than yours, trust me on that. I have not done well. I always like Wild Horses, and the NOID is pretty.
    kay

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting