Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

It is Sunny Again Today on Sunday Pictures.

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Lovely today. They are haveing the annual yearly antique car show in the park accross the street so it is noisey here and lots of traffic. Even having a concert. Whenever they have music at the park I can hear it all too well, even from inside the house lol!

Daylilies and veggies again today ha-ha :-)

POSSESSION OF OBSESSION FFO

Wisest Of Wizards

Just Kiss Me

Woe Be Gone Gal FFO

Instant Celebration

Tears For Gus

LOAVES AND FISHES FFO

Lilies are blooming up in the backyard daylily bed between the daylilies.

My patio where I spend lots of time in the summer.

Besides all those tomato gardens you all have seen I have tomatoes planted in front of my porch. Darn plants are so big they look like tomato trees ha-ha.

Same area from another angle.

And especially for Jean, here are my cucumbers in a bowl.

Comments (17)

• shive
    11 years ago

My favorite of the daylilies is Tears of Gus. I love the form and edge on that one. Possession of Obsession is a beautiful dark one. Is the last photo the salad cucumbers?

Debra

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Debra, thanks. Tears For Gus is one of my Korth intros. And, yes, those are the Salad Bush Cucumbers. I have plenty more cucumbers up in the backyard planted in ground but these I put in the planter.

• vikingcraftsman
    11 years ago

Is that a state park or county park you live so close to?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Neither. Only for residents of our town. So it is usually quiet here.

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Everything looks fantastic Rita. Possesion Of Obsession is my pick of the cv's. Ellie

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Tears for Gus & Loaves & Fishes are my picks, although those tomato plants are lookin' mighty good. They make my tomato plants look pitiful. I'm just not good with tomatoes. Except at eating them.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ellie, I have always loved that deep almost black color of POSSESSION OF OBSESSION.

Nancy, my tomato plants really GROW LOL! They are at the tops of those three foot tomato cages already and it is only June ha-ha. Lots of green tomatoes but will have to wait for red ones.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

OH GOSH RITA:Third time scrolling up and down looking for part one, paid off, Finally found it.and I am so glad I didnt miss it,and miss seeing POSSESSION OF OBSESSION. that is so beautiful..That is almost as pretty as SHIMMERING RED SATIN,you see I said'" ALMOST".. WOE BE GONE GAL is a very pretty one, too and I love INSTANT CELEBRATION, too, and TEARS FOR GUS is very pretty, too. My favorite of them is POSSESSION OF OBSESSION. , I like them cucumber plants in that bowl.Is that as tall as they will get? I sure didnt know they came as a bush plant.I will call the feed store tomorrow and see if they have veggie seeds and if they have this bush cucumber.if so,I will get my daughter to go get me some tomorrow when she comes.She always comes on mondays and thursdays to see what I need at the store and is so good about going to get it for me. My girls do not want me driving no more, but, I think now I would be fine to drive and I would stay off busy streets. I quit driving when I was getting so many bad dizzy spells, after that over dose of statin drugs for cholesterol, but, I dont get them much any more. and they only last a few seconds.My truck needs a new battery in it, and my girls asked me not to worry about it, and they will see that I get whatever I need in town. Thursday was Doctor visit day, and when I got out of there, we went to wal mart for a little while, and I rode the electric scooter, and they were not made for people with a bad back..anyway, Thank you Rita for posting the picture of the cucumber bush.How deep is that bowl??

jean

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

oops, forgot to mention how much I like them tomatoe plants by your porch.I agree, they look like miniture treeshaha things sure do grow for you.they really look nice and them lilies were so pretty. too. cnt believe I forgot to mention them too,since I love your lilies you have all over. I especially like to see those lilies you have along your driveway behind the daylilies, and those red asiatic lilies out front in a bunch. gorgeous.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I spotted another bloom behind POSSESSION OF OBSESSION which looks to be orange in color. What is that one?

From what I can see partials of in your pics, you have a porch and I see part of a patio. Nice areas to relax.

Veggies look great.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Julia, I do have both a front porch and back patio so there is always somewhere to relax and enjoy the garden. That is if I have time to sit. That orange one in back is Tropical Jewel.

Jean, The package said the bush cucumber vines will grow to about 3 feet. They really are short vines. My regular ones are all over the place. The bowl is about 9 inches deep by 20 inches around.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I really like Possession of Obsession and Tears for Gus, and the veggies look delicious!
    kay

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, and I love the idea of planting the cucumbers in a pot. I have so many pots and spend too much money filling them with annuals every year. I'm going to steal your idea next year.

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

Those tomato plants are huge!!! What are you feeding them?
    The patio area is so lush and green. My favorite daylily is Instant Celebration with that dark eye. Loaves and Fishes comes in second!! Nothing better than fresh picked cukes and tomatoes.
    Cindy

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Kay!

Chris, make sure you buy a bush variety of cucumber if you want to grown them in a pot. You want the short vines for pots.

Cindy, I just love a nice fresh cucumber and tomato salad direct from the garden. I have put compost on the tomatoes and I feed them with tomato maker.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

WOW what spectacular tomato plants, I've never had much luck with them. All your DL's look great and as usual with a lot of your DL's I have no clear cut favorite.
    Linda

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Those tomatoes Are big! Trees lol
    I have only one tiny green fruit so far on mine :)
    My favorite is Tears for Gus today, and Just Kiss Me looks so lovely there, and I love Loaves and Fishes too