Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Having lots of blooms from later varieties

organic_kitten
9 years ago

Woman at the Well is such a different one, and I really like it:

Heavenly Angel Ice is off to a good start:

Wispy Rays was one that I bought early and it has never bloomed like it has this year:

Aslan opens well. This breeders other "children" include Rose F Kennedy:

Bohemian Phenomenon clump:

Mary Jane's sunset Romance:

Ruby Lipstick Clump:

Ledgewood's Jumpstart is having a good year:

Ledgewoods Jungle Music has done well:

Rose F Kennedy Had a good year, but will be moved because the blueberries are encroaching on her property:

One of my lates is When I Dream: it is very tall with huge blooms:

kay

Comments (11)

• deangreen
    9 years ago

I saw that Wispy Rays at regionals last week and it is indeed a stunner. great pics! :)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Wow, Kay, you still have a lot blooming. Jungle Music is a beautiful flower. How does it perform for you? Rose Kennedy is always a stunning bloom and Wispy Rays is always a favorite here.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

What is the fourth picture? I can't find "Asian" in the AHS database. (Okay, I see it is AsLan, not Asian.) Woman at the Well has an exotic grace.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 22:02

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

I always love woman at the well. mine didn't bloom as well this year. and Wispy Rays is looking very good, too.bright and cheerful bloom.dont believe I have seen Aslan before, but its very pretty, too.and Rose F Kennedy is always so pretty and bright, too.When I Dream does look like it may be pretty tall one,it sure says "LOOK AT ME" very bright and pretty., you have lots of pretty ones blooming yet.

jean

• shive
    9 years ago

Your photo of Aslan looks so much better than other photos I've seen of it. It looks wonderful in your picture. Ledgewoods Jumpstart always looks great in your photos too. But my very favorite one is that huge, late red at the end. I always enjoy your photos. Keep 'em coming!

Debra

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Such lovely flowers. All are beautiful but my favorites are Ruby Lipstick and Aslan. I am drawn to red and white flowers. When I Dream has such a huge green throat--what a stunning flower!

Nancy

• User
    9 years ago

Love them all. Can't pick one over another....Beautiful.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for looking. Deangreen, as I said, I have had it my entire daylily addiction, but wispy Rays had a number of "group shot' days this season. It was down to one bloom today but has done well. Chris, there is a lot still blooming. My real late ones haven't started blooming yet, which seems odd. A good many of mine are re-blooming though. Jungle Music did not bloom the first year, had fair bloom the second year, and this year (3rd) it has done quite well. It is a beautiful bloom, and an early opener.
    Mantis, the fourth picture is Aslan. It is new for me this year, but seems a pretty bloom and a decent height as well.
    Thanks, Jean. there are a lot of pretties still blooming and a lot of them are re-blooming too. My neighbor came over tonight ans told me she thought they were prettier than they had been in several years.
    Thanks, Debra. and I love your photos as well and am invariably enabled by some of them.
    Nancy, I wanted a big red late bloom, and this one has filled the bill. It is a huge flower on a tall scape. thanks for looking and commenting.
    Thanks hostabuff.

kay

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Your Heavenly Angel Ice is always so nice, so much better than mine. I'm definitely moving mine this fall, I have a big kiwi vine next to it, I think maybe the roots are taking away from HAI. I've admired Wispy Rays for years & keep meaning to get it.

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

All are beautiful, but I do have a favorite, Aslan, I really like the eye and fancy edge. I remember seeing Maryott's has it for only $9, I may have to talk my wife in to one more last Daylily order.

Gale

• nat4b
    9 years ago

What pretty blooms, all of them! My faves today are Wispy Rays and When I Dream, and I always love RFK (it's still my number one on my w/l)