Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

First daylilies of the year

nat4b
10 years ago

Except Stellas, Wild Horses opened the season this year

{{gwi:770894}}

Intelligent Design FFO, as you can see - on broken scape :)
It was very crooked growing like a hook
{{gwi:770895}}

And today I had Happy Returns,
and FFO on my early pink noid, which usually is the first
{{gwi:770896}}

And Clematis Huldine

Wow, it took me a loooong time to post these five photos.
Links didn't want to copy, had to close and open repeatedly, and try again. I wonder if it's because of an older computer..

Comments (14)

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Wow, your Wild Horses is great, look at all the buds. Ours is pitiful, probably going to be removed this year. Really like your other daylilies, and green with envy over your beautiful clematis. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Lots of very pretty blooms. I love Intelligent Design.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

well now I see why that wild horses is so popular, usually it's blooming away in clumps, but your close up photo is really outstanding. the zig zag and all. great name for that one, ha.

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

Your Clematis is a beauty. How long does the Clematis bloom? Does it rebloom in fall?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Wild Horses grabs my attention first although they all are welcome additions to your post. Your Clematis is loaded with blooms. WOW Very nicely grown.....Maryl

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

WILD HORSES is a beauty. and so is INTELLIGENT DESIGN too, but, I love the cleamatis. that's a real beauty you got there.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

Wild Horses and Intelligent Design are gorgeous! I'd like to cross those two. My Wild Horses has short, short scapes this year. It's nice to see yours on tall scapes.

Debra

• mizellie
    10 years ago

It possibly is the age of the computer that keeps it from copying. This pc does the same thing but my lap top copies right away. I like this one though because it has an ability to use some old software that I like. My Wild Horses is on pretty tall scapes too! That dl looks so good. A bright spot in the garden. Your Huldine Clematis looks wonderful. I love the whites..

Ellie

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I always like Wild Horses, it beat some of my normally earlier daylilies here too. My favorite here though is Intelligent Design, that is really pretty. Lovely clematis.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I always love Wild Horses. It is just a beautiful bloom, and Intelligent Design is always a welcome bloom for me. Your Hulldine is amazing. Beautiful blooms all over.
    kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Very nice group of blooms, Wild Hordes is my favorite.
    Linda

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you very much everybody!
    Avedon, I remember you were not satisfied with your Wild Horses last year. Sorry about that. I have it in two locations, both doing good. Counted buds yesterday, 3 scapes by 20 buds (there are more scapes)
    Kousa, I'm sorry don't know how long clematis blooms, exactly. But it definitely reblooms.
    Debra, WH has tall scapes, medium scapes and short scapes :) I suspect that tallest ones are last year scapes. Pic attached :)
    Thanks Ellie, so it's a computer.. Too bad b/c I like my old desktop, easier to type and pictures look way better than on my laptop monitor.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Late to post but catching up. I noticed on my Intelligent Design here that it had leftover scapes from last year when it started growing this spring. Like yours, they were a bit crooked as they grew but stayed low and didn't break. New scapes are very straight, tall and well above the foliage. Are yours leftover scapes or new scapes?
    Wild Horses is always a favorite.
    I also have Huldine and love the back of that flower. Your photo is wonderful.

Julia

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Julia. Yes, I suppose the crooked ones are leftover. Only one broke though. The new ones are straight.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting