Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Tuesdays Blooms

organic_kitten
10 years ago

To Begin with, Paul Owen's Bohemian Rhapsody had a pretty clump today:

Thanks to Lisa's generosity, I now have Neon Rainbow, and it has a lovely bloom today FFE

I moved Mary's Baby because the Japanese Maple had gotten so large, I had to redo the path. she is pouting a bit:

Slugs are gone, so a pretty good bloom on Rocks Cry Out:

Linda Beck with Orchid Majesty:

Bud Bennet's Joyful Lassie:

I Remember You (thanks, Debra)

Wild One has a very long bloom season:

Lucky Stripes:

I love these lilies

Last Flames Over Africa unless I get re-bloom:

I know, Debra, but I can't stand not posting it when it blooms like this. It never has bloomed this way before. Ruby Lipstick:

Hey, I've gone two days without posting Salty Skipper, and I am trying not to post Bear Claws every day.

kay

Comments (17)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Kay, they are all beautiful but Wild One is the most beautiful.

Check you plant markers again. The bloom you show is not Rocks Cry Out.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I knew it didn't look right. It came from the auction. I remembered yours as being bigger and much prettier. Rats. Dinged again. I hate it when that happens, but admittedly most of the time the ones I buy are right. I will find sheet on it in my file, but I expect if I want the real thing I had better order it from Phil Korth. thanks for the info, Rita.
    kay

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are very right, it is another Korth, Cast Your Crown thanks, Rita.

kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I thought it might be Cast Your Crown but wasn't totally sure. At least you have it ID now.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Do you have or did you see the bonus Korth sent me, ancient of Days? I don't always keep bonuses since space is short, but I really like that one. Every bloom was perfect, every time.

kay

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I Remember You and the Bennett daylily are my favorites. I'd not seen Joyful Lassie before, but the last thing I need is to covet another Bennett when they're not available anywhere!

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Okay, so where is Salty Skipper? :-) I'm missing seeing that one.
    I'm impressed with Joyful Lassie. Have not seen that one before and now will have to go look it up.
    Your lucky you got another Korth intro even if not intended.

All lovelies as usual. Who is going to enable me when you stop posting LOL.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chris and Julia, you are too nice. I went ahead and ordered Rocks Cry Out from Korth. Philistine Champion of his is a bloom machine here.
    Chris, Joyful Lassie is not increasing like Salty Skipper. It may not like the heat.
    Julia, I have other lovely shots of Salty Skipper, but I have already posted it a lot.
    Why Julia, Rita, Chris, Cindy and you will be posting. Plenty of enablers here which is why my collection grew like topsy. By the way, someone posted about Mary Jane being on the auction and I wound up with two more of hers. I can resist nything but temptation:)
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I am pretty sure I don't have that one. Getting to the point where I can't remember what I have and what I don't have ha-ha. Anyway, I do have some really nice Korth deep purples.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

They all look good but my favorites are Ruby Lipstick, I remember you, & mary's Baby. My Ruby Lipstick is blooming now, I just love daylilies where every bloom is perfect.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

that's a gret clump. and I've always wanted that lucky stripe, what contrast!

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

I think I like Joyful Lassie (a new one on me) and Ruby Lipstick best. I gravitate toward reds.

Nancy

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay, you have more beauties, today. I didn't think that was Rocks Cry out,as it looks nothing like Ritas. but, its a pretty one, anyway. I love LINDA BECK. love them purples and lavenders and reds.
    LOVE,I REMEMBER YOU. would love to have that one, soo pretty.and WILD ONE.i wish it was a rebloomer.Mine had its last bloom yesterday. and I for one loves to see BEAR CLAWS every day, aint the same bloom each day, so its new each day.
    great blooms, kay

jean

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Yet another group of beauties today! My very favorites are Linda Beck, I remember You, Lucky.. what is it Streak?, and beautiful Ruby Lipstick. Oh, Wild One is pretty!
    Nice lilies too, seem tall.
    Lol at your last comment, I totally don't mind looking at the pretty flowers again :)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Ah, the ornately beautiful Linda Beck! What color would you say that Bohemian Rhapsody is? Some pics suggest a brownish color.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rita, I didn't remember having seen it bloom before.

Nancy, most of them have some imperfect blooms, so when one always opens right it is a delight, isn't it?

Jean, you never know, three of mine are reblooming that never have before. Clown Parade, Black Forest Depths, Alabama Jubilee, oh, yes, and Philistine Champion, so make it four that had never re-bloomed.

Thanks, nat4b. I really like the brights and reds of any shade too.

Mantis, Bohemian Rhapsody is a deep coral, almost seems iridescent with some golds including very light, almost yellow highlights and some burnished golds with touches of orange, but I haven't seen anything at all brown, even after a day in the sun. It seems to pick up more gold as the day goes on.

kay

• ruthz
    10 years ago

All beautiful, but I just love Wild One.