Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Raindrops on Thursday ffos

shive
10 years ago

It was raining here early, so I didn't get out to photograph until almost 10. I have 11 daylilies blooming today, but with the cool night, overcast skies, rain and bug damage, few were ready for glamour shots.

GILDED BY GRACE was trying to double on its ffo!

NUTMEG SPICE is one of the few miniatures I've kept because it makes such an impressive early clump and reblooms well.

2nd year Seedling Redefined Design X Blue Eyed Bandit#2 has really improved from last year - taller scapes, more buds and bigger, more ruffled bloom.

ETHEL BUCCOLA trio

I feel proud of myself that I was successfully able to use Photobucket today!

Debra

Comments (16)

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Raindrops are nice so long as the flower stays intact. These are pretty, I like the purple on Gilded By Grace, Nutmeg Spice is a cutie, and Ethel Buccola always seem to put out perfect blooms. Very pretty seedling, glad it is better for you this year and that you decided to keep it. Avedon

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

How has Gilded By Grace performed for you? I was disappointed by the small blooms, but the plant is young.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Yay Debra for your Photobucket useage. I love your seedling. It has everything I like except for the color. It isn't pink but I love the color it is anyway. I'm glad you got some rain..we got a little early. Gilded By Grace is one of my favorites. I do have scapes but it will be awhile before bloom. Ellie

• nat4b
    10 years ago

The seedling is pretty, I especially like the center colors.
    But Gilded by Grace, wow! Such a beauty. I hope mine will have scapes this year, had a hard time surviving winter here.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis - I got Gilded By Grace from Maryott the fall of 2011 and didn't get it planted in the garden until mid October. It was dicey to plant an evergreen so late, so I was just happy it survived. The other one (bogo sale) I planted in a pot under my carport died. The one in the ground bloomed and rebloomed on much shorter than registered scapes last summer. I would say most of the flowers were between 4.75-5 inches, and I think it had 7-9 buds per scape. I love the flowers because they are so wonderfully round and are always open flat in the early morning. Today's ffo was definitely in the 4-inch range, and the scapes are only 18-20 inches tall, which I attribute to the after effects of the drought. My plant has multiplied from three fans to seven, which is pretty good after a drought year. Unfortunately most of my evergreens have short scapes and low bud counts again this year.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat and Ellie - I look forward to seeing your photos of Gilded By Grace!

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

gee, Debra, they are all so pretty, I cant decided whis I like the best.I like them all.I guesss that nutmeg soice would have to be my choice.

jean

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

gee, Debra, they are all so pretty, I cant decided whis I like the best.I like them all.I guesss that nutmeg soice would have to be my choice.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I like to see raindrops. It tells me if a flower can hold up or not under rainy conditions.

Rained all day yesterday here too and today suppose to be a repeat. Oh well, taking a rest from gardening.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

I also like Gilded By Grace I really like the edge and eye color.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Love the look of Gilded by Grace

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Very pretty Debra! I've never had my GBG try to double....has yours done this before? That seedling is really pretty! Nutmeg Spice is a cutie and I can see why it would be pretty in a clump. Ethel Buccola looks great too. We're getting rain here too and it's supposed to get heavy. I always welcome it since I hate having to drag the hose all over the yard....I have too many gardens!

Celeste

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia and Celeste - The rain is great, but I just wish it wouldn't rain so many days in a row. It makes it hard to get on top of the weeding, mulching and mowing.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

GILDED BY GRACE looks great with the trying to double.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Celeste - I've only had GBG bloom last season, and it didn't try to double then. I think it has something to do with the swing in temperatures we've been having.

Debra

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

They all look wonderful! I like the seedling best.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH