Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thursday Blooms

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 12:44

We got much need 1/2 inch of rain overnight. I have been watering the last several days a little at a time, and two beds left. I don't have to water today, thanks, Nature!! Here's its crown

Nature's Crown - was a bonus in 2010, first flower ever
P6219315

Lots of FFOs today.
Come See FFO - the plant was (is) sick, with several dry scapes, flowers are low. And, it doesn't seem to be an ML DL
P6219325

Ruby Spider - huuuuge. Well, it's actually 2nd and 3rd flowers, FFO was ugly
P6219330

Cast Your Net today
P6219335

Filipina Bride FFO - it's nice, color and all, but I've never seen it open flat here. If I could I'd like to trade it
P6219336

Yesterday's Secrets FFO
P6219341

Cosmic Traveler FFO - the best my camera could capture the color
P6219362

Super Mama FFO
P6219372

And the one I was looking forward to, FFO on Fear Not
It's more red, not very accurate color again
P6219374

Thanks for Looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thursday Blooms

I love Cosmic Traveler and Fear Not, although I had to wait a few years to see mine bloom. I like Filipina Bride, but I see what you mean about it not opening flat. I have plenty of daylilies whose sepals won't completely open -- it's one of my pet peeves about some daylilies.

o

Fear Not is incredible, you saved the best for last...and Super Mama too, I so need more chalky watermarks <3

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

o

all very nice, that Great Secret is really something , such contrast! :)

o

Beautiful again. I do love that color on Filipina Bride. I know that is a Maryott intro. Cast Your Net gets my vote for favorite of this batch.

o

I like Fear Not and Cosmic Traveler. Filipina Bride is a lovely color.
kay

o

I have always loved Ruby Spider! It is just so BIG and commanding and the color is wonderful. My second pick is Cosmic Traveler.

Celeste

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here