Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lava Flow Blooms Again. And lilies and roses.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 12:44

Photobucket
LAVA FLOW. It had two flowers today but I could only get one in the frame as they were pointing in opposite directions!

Photobucket
SARATOGA SPRINGTIME has been blooming in a nice clump each day.

Photobucket
Terraces garden has the lilies up top for color while we wait for the daylilies. Veggie containers still hanging out there in front lol!

Photobucket
These Tango lilies bloom up top there.

Photobucket
Other lilies bloom in the daylily bed. I bought mixed colors when I planted them last year. But I have only red or pink. I have to add more there.

Photobucket
Some lilies in another daylily bed.

Photobucket
The back yard daylily plateau is no where near ready for bloom.

Photobucket
Red Roses blooming in the backyard. Sometimes the HEARTS OF FIRE daylilies in front of them bloom with them but not this year.

Photobucket
How about a view of the front yard?

Photobucket
Roses out front.

Photobucket
More roses out front.

Photobucket
Black Eyed Stella in the back yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lava Flow Blooms Again. And lilies and roses.

I love your garden! Never get tired of seeing pictures. What's the name of the red roses in the first rosey picture? Ridiculously pretty. You have the healthiest foliage ever.

o

Ah me! Those rose achingly beautiful! The lilies really look good, and Lava Flow and Saratoga Springtime are great startes, but ah the roses.
kay

o

OMG, roses out front are unbelievably beautiful! What a sight to see, thanks for posting. Lava Flow looks very good, and I like the pic of backyard daylilies, looks so thick and green!

o
RE: roses

brittie, Thanks! That red rose is LAVAGLUT. It is my favorite of all my roses and I have a lot of roses. As for the folliage I spray with a systemic fungicide which I mix with Neptunes liquid fertilizer.

Kay, I know you love the roses and they really are looking especially lovely this year. But at least you have your own lovely roses to enjoy whenever you want in your own yard.

o
RE: missed

Nat, thank you. We cross posted or I would have said thanks before!

o

Your Lava Flow is still looking good. All your rose shots are spectacular.
Val

o

I love the photo of the Tango lilies keeping watch over the veggie garden down below. The red roses are always a hit, as are the many, many roses in the front. Lava Flow looks like it had a better opening today. It's nice and round and bright!

Debra

o

Thanks, Val. I just love the spring rose flush.

Debra, is is bright and sunny today and was dreary and rainy for Lava Flows first bloom. And it is difficult to get another angle of the Tango lilies as shooting up never works. Sometimes I just take a picture looking sideways!

o

I love seeing your garden, and the roses are so very beautiful! Love Lava Flow, that is really a gorgeous, perfect bloom.

o

WOW!!!!RITA;The back yard is gorgeous, with LAVA FLOW and them gorgeous lilies.The Tango lilies are beautiful,and so are them red ones, too. Its just all gorgeous, Then the front yard with all them gorgeous roses. its a sight to behold, so beautiful.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here