11 years ago

I have some first flowers open today.

MICHAEL BENNET

KISSES LIKE WINE

LITTLE MAN TAIT

DOT COM

GREEN RAINBOW

ROCKS CRY OUT

THANKS A BUNCH FFO from the other day that I haven't posted.

EARLY ALIBI also from the other day.

And JULIE NEWMAR

Comments (15)

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Green Rainbow and Rock Cry Out really stand out. Please post more pictures of these as your season unfolds.
    Christine

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Christine, ROCKS CRY OUT is one of my Korth intros and one of my very favorite daylilies. I always take lots of pictures of that one!

• shive
    11 years ago

The daylilies are really starting to pop for you. My favorites are Thanks A Bunch bejeweled with raindrops and Julie Newmar, always one of my favorites!

Debra

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Yay, lots of nice FFOs! Michael Bennet is my favorite today, very colorful. And what an edge on Rocks Cry Out!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think the edge on Rocks Cry Out is even more amazing when you realise that the hybridizer (Phil Korth) hybridizers in a cold zone 4.

Debra, thanks. JULIE NEWMAR usually takes a very good picture for me.

• polymerous
    11 years ago

That's a nice color and eye on LITTLE MAN TAIT.

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Michael Bennett is wonderful, love the color and shape. Julie Newmar is always nice to see. Marg

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW RITA!Looks like the season is starting up for you,Love MICHAEL BENNET,its very pretty. KISSES LIKE WINE is a beauty, too and I love ROCKS CRY OUT,, but my favorite is GREEN RAINBOW.That one really stands out.

jean

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Rita, you have a lot blooming. Guess your season is really starting. My favorites today are MICHAEL BENNETT and JULIE NEWMAR.
    Val

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Michael Bennett, Rocks Cry Out and Green Rainbow are my picks with Rocks Cry Out taking the lead. I'm so happy you are getting more blooms now...Yay! Ellie

• bloominghaus7/LI/NY
    11 years ago

Hi Rita...always love your flowers! Does Michael Bennet hold up well in heat or rain? Also, how is the bud count for you? Thanks, Andrea

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Great seeing your DL's starting to bloom, Michael Bennet is my favorite. I'm glad to see Kisses Like Wine I just received it as a gift plant and now I know what it looks like I really like it.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

YAY! Your blooms are starting and it will be such a treat to enjoy them with you. My favorite is Michael Bennett of these. I love the deep saturated color.

Celeste

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Wow, Rocks Cry Out is gorgeous. Julie Newmar is very pretty too. Green Rainbow is very interesting too, it has a lot going on with the 2 toned effect & coloring. Your daylilies are really starting up now!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone!

Andrea, Michael Bennet is planted in a semi shady spot so sunfastness has never been a problem here. I never counted buds years before but went out and counted now and each scape has about 9 buds. I would think it would be the same at your house. Someone gave me this daylily as a bonus plant but since it was years ago I don't remember who.

Linda, KISSES LIKE WINE is a fabulous daylily. A good increaser and strong bloomer.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting