Giggle Creek

Gypsey Rose

Tennessee Afterglow

Antique Rose

Comments (18)

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Rita,
    Malaysian Marketplace is always my favorite, although I really like Tennessee Afterglow. Gypsey rose is lovely, and Man of Sorrows is always a gorgeous red.
    kay

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

I'm going to second everything Kay said. For some reason, my Malaysian Marketplace does Not get so many blooms and I've had it for 3years. I wonder if I need to move it to all day sun, rather than mostly sun.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kay- Maylasian Marketplace is very much a favoite of mine also and it has so many blooms open today just showing off.

crackingtheconcrete- Mine has a lot of scapes this year so it has lots of blooms. Not a really fast increaser for me but fabulous flowers so well worth it.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

As I was reading Kay's and Cracking's responses, I was saying to myself, oh darn, they picked my favorites, now it's going to look like I'm just copying. But no, my favorites really are MALAYSIAN MARKETPLACE and TENNESSEE AFTERGLOW, and I also really like ANTIQUE ROSE.

Christine

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    12 years ago

I guess I'll join the herd: Tennesse Afterglow is number one followed by Man of Sorrows, Gypsy Rose and then Antique Rose. All the rest are nice, but those really speak to me....Maryl

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Gypsy Rose and Intelligent Design for me. Looking at your blooms is real encouragement to be a little more adventuresome in my choice of colors. I love it in other's gardens but seem to chicken out when I get for my garden. I have made some progress. I have moved away from pastels and now have a few hot pinks and deep reds. The Coral bed in planning is a happy leap forward.

• Edward_Kimball
    12 years ago

Even though I have WAY to many yellows I want to get Lunar Empire.

Edward

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Off Beat looks really good. Your Mabeline Eyes has much richer, deeper color than mine. Levi Davis looks great, rather a different color. I always love Man of Sorrows. My very favorites though, are TN Afterglow & Malaysian Marketplace.

• shive
    12 years ago

They are all outstanding blooms, but my favorite today was Man Of Sorrows. I've seen photos of it before, but the color was just vibrant today. The runner up for me the Off Beat clump.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christine- It's your choice of favorites and if others have agreed with you then thats great. They are really pretty ones and Tennessee Afterglow looked especially great today.

maryl- Man Of Sorrows is a fabulous daylily, never seems to have a bad day and always beautiful.

wren- I have just about every color daylily that they come in. I love lots of colors and would never be happy with just pastels. The purples and reds and oranges and yellows and so on are just so full of color. I love color that just jumps at you.

Edward- I was looking for a great yellow when I was buying daylilies for that new bed in spring 2010. Well, actually bought in 2009 for spring 2010. Lunar Empire was the very best that I found.

Nancy- Levi Davis is the strangest color I have ever seen in a daylily. I would no idea what to call it. But I love the color. Mabeline Eyes has days when it looks really great and other days when it doesn't look like much. Prior flowers were not impressive but today it really looked good. So today I took its picture.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Debra- Man Of Sorrows just always seems to look great in my garden. I think it is such a stunning daylily.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

For me today it's a tie between Man of Sorrows and Off Beat, but there isn't a single one in the group that isn't lovely.
    Val

• mizellie
    12 years ago

Wow, what a bunch of pretties.. Levi Davis, Maylasian Marketplace, Tennessee Afterglow are my picks. All of your blooms are intense. I ditched my Maybeline Eyes here. She was drab and ugly!..Ellie

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Well, not hard for me to pick my favorite today.Its MAYLASIAN MARKETPLACE, but I also really like LEVI DAVIS andOFF BEAT is just gorgeous,MAYBWLLINE EYES is a very pretty one too.MAN OF SORROWS is a gorgeous one, too.SHARK ATTACK jumps out at you.Very pretty...You really have some beauties blooming.

Jean

• Cindy zone 6a
    12 years ago

Intelligent Design is my favorite here, but it certainly is difficult to pick a favorite from this group. Lots of beautiful daylilies.
    cindy

• houstmag
    12 years ago

My winner from this group would be all of them. Rita you amaze me with all of your beautiful daylilies.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all!

Ellie- This was the best Maybelline Eyes looked this year. Many times the blooms are not as pretty as today. But still pretty enough that she is a keeper for me.

Linda- I have about 600 daylilies. I am sure that I should have less in the space that I have so they would be less crowded but it is what it is. So when there is lots blooming like this I have a choice of plenty to shoot so can pick the ones that look best on that particular day. I can just pass by those with thrip or slug damage or that face the wrong way to make a lousey backround.

In the very eary spring when I only have afew bloomers I don't have that luxury and pretty much have to shoot what is open if I want to have pictures.

• casey261
    12 years ago

OFF BEAT gets my vote for favorite. LEVI DAVIS is lovely too.
    Casey

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!