Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Wednesday Part One Clumps and Views

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Clumps and views are in part one. Single shots are in part two today.

Deliverer twins.

Elaha's Taxi clump

Cheddar Cheeze

Instant Celebration clump

Purple Maze trio.

Ruby Shadows trio.

Something Angelic

Promise To Behave

Consider Yourself

Backyard upstairs bed looking toward the house.

A section of the same bed looking from the other direction. You can also see the daylily plateau there in bloom in the backround.

I have more genteral garden views showing the daylily beds in a post on the Cottage Garden Forum I did today. Follow the link to see more daylilies in garden shots.

Here is a link that might be useful: Early Summer Garden Views

Comments (20)

• blue23rose
    12 years ago

Wow, I didn't know your backyard upstairs and the plateau were up that high in back of your house. That is beautiful, Rita.

I like PURPLE MAZE and INSTANT CELEBRATION best, but that last garden shot is gorgeous!

I will have to visit the link later. Gotta get back to work:(

Vickie

• shive
    12 years ago

The Purple Maze trio wins hands down today! I also love the last photo. That garden shot is beautiful!

Debra

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Love clump shots, more please! The shot of Consider Yourself is beautiful. Sort of a bunny eye view. It shows off the character of the blooms. Promise to Behave in color and form are perfect.

• opnjmprs
    12 years ago

Looks like you have another Purple Maze fan here. The bed shots look wonderful. All that hard work is finally being rewarded.... you sure are getting one heck of a display.

Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Now I don't remember on which post I read people saying I must be in full bloom. No way, sorry. Lots and lots to go.

Here is the middle part of the backyard with what used to be the veggie garden taken late yesterday afternoon. Taken from the back looking forward. You will notice no daylilies open. 4 did open there this morning.

Same area looking towards the back from more in front.

Look over a little and the Hearts Of Fire row wasn't open much yesterday either.

A few Hearts Of Fire did open today.

{{gwi:775333}}

Look in back of the garage. Hardly nothing blooming there. Hardly any scapes showing yet back there either.

I also just now added more pictures to the cottage garden posting.

• shive
    12 years ago

I love the Hearts Of Fire shot. I wonder why I never added that one. It always looks great in everyone's photos.

Debra

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Wow. Just got home from a very hard day at work and looking at your pictures was a real treat. Your flower beds are nothing less than phenomenal. You could charge admission to your yard.

Christine

• Nancy
    12 years ago

You have such amazing daylilies, Purple Maze may be my favorite though. You really are a long way from peak bloom, aren't you. I'm bad enough in my yard, constantly going out to check on my daylilies. I'd probably starve to death if I every went into your garden! But would be such a feast for my vision.

• katladie
    12 years ago

Everything is gorgeous, as usual Rita. I am glad there is lots more to come.

Sharon

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

For several years I have been tremendously unimpressed with Hearts of Fire. Low bud count, smallish flowers, scapes that seem too tall for the foliage. This week, I was greeted with these FFOs. I decided, this will be the last year for Hearts of Fire, though I am sure there will be some decent flowers.

• timberohio
    12 years ago

What wonderful garden shots Rita. Makes me tired looking at them. I know how much work you had to put into them to get them to the point they are. Purple Maze is getting really hard to resist I have a feeling it will be ordered very soon. lol.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Vickie- I have lots of levels which is why I have so many terraces. But a big part of the backyard is up very steep set of stairs.

Debra- I couldn't resist that trio of Purple Maze. Had to shoot it.

wren garden- I will deffinately be doing more clump shots as more daylilies start to bloom here.

Linda, Christine, Nancy and Sharon- thanks. You all know I love my daylilies and my entire garden. I think I have many that most people might not have because I am so fond of those northern hybridizers.

mantis- I am really sorry Hearts Of Fire does so poorly for you. When it is good it is fantastic. Does fabulously here. I have had it since 2007.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I'd say you have pockets that are in full bloom and pockets that haven't even started which is excellent.
    Rita, you have some really beautiful blooms today. I love the Promise to Behave and Ruby shadows. That clump of Elajas Taxi and Purple Maze are both very lovely, but The Deliverer Twins get my vote.

I am particularly inpressed with your lovely second bed shot. I could sit and look at those beauties for a while.

kay

• mizellie
    12 years ago

Love, love, love Purple Maze. that would be my pick but you have several blooming that I really like...Ellie

• berrytea4me
    12 years ago

Wow, Rita!
    Your gardens have matured so nicely in the past 4 years. I remember you posting as you were building them and making your first DL purchases. Look how beautiful it has all turned out! I'm really impressed.
    Way to go!

Debra

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Wow Rita, they are just beautiful. You have lots blooming now,and I just love HEARTS OF FIRE.I am kind of drawn to Reds and Purples, first,and other colors later. PROMISE TO BEHAVE, is gorgeous, too.Your full garden pictures are so pretty....

Jean

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Fabulous as always I think Purple Maze is my favorite I say I think because all of them are outstanding and your garden shots are wonderful. Can I come live with you ?
    Linda

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Nice photos. Continuous bloom is what you've got going so congrats on achieving the goal.
    I'm over to the Cottage forum to see what is posted there.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Andrea- I just love to help people spend money on must have daylilies LOL!

Kay- You know I walk around the garden and just look at things many times a day.

Ellie, Jean, Linda and Julia- Thanks, the daylilies are really looking good already.

Debra- When I look at it all I can't believe I started my daylily gardens (and most of my front yard rose gardens too) only in 2007. Sure has come a long way. I am really glad I have it done too as I don't have the energy to make all those gardens now.

• casey261
    12 years ago

PURPLE MAZE is my favorite again. The clump shot of RUBY MEADOWS is gorgeous too, thanks for posting it. I also like SOMETHING ANGELIC and CONSIDER YOURSELF. Guess I am in the mood for eyes today.
    Casey