Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdjcb

need info on Emmerich plants, please

gdjcb
9 years ago

Good Morning,
I am thinking of purchasing some Emmerich Daylilies and have found Hickory Haven Gardens, who sells a lot of them for what I think is reasonable prices. I was wondering if any one has purchased from them and if so, if they were happy or not? The Daylilies I am wanting to purchase are:

Little Light Of Mine
Light Of The World
No More Tears
Soul On Fire

Do any of you that live north have of these and how do they perform for you? Do they have the advertised Northern rebloom?

Thanks,
Gale

Comments (9)

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Light of the World is widely grown and admired; no rebloom here, however.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

I have NO MORE TEARS, LIGHT OF THE WORLD and SOUL ON FIRE. I can't verify rebloomers as I don't pay attention but I do know that all three of these do excellent here in my garden.

LOTW - is not listed on Karol's site as rebloomer however AHS has it listed as rebloomer so you may want to contact Karol to verify what is right. Or I just overlooked it on her site.
    Blooms above the foliate.

NMT - If you have HALF MOON KEY you may want to skip getting this one and choose something else of Karols.. Not that it is a bad choice but HMK and NMT are very much alike and if you check their parentage you can see why. Blooms well above the foliage

SOF- Note that Karol says she does not get rebloom in her area. Last year it didn't do as well for me because it needed dividing but circumstances made it impossible, so I had to skip dividing last fall. Hopefully this year I will get to it. I also noticed last year is was barely blooming above the foliage.

LIGHT OF THE WORLD

NO MORE TEARS

SOUL ON FIRE

These are just my opinions based on my garden conditions.

Julia

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for responding, I did notice that LOTW was listed as reblooming in green house only, but I miss read SOF concerning rebloom. Still very nice looking and after hearing your opinions, I think worth getting. Julia, great pictures, thanks for including them.

Gale

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I grow (or grew) Soul on Fire and No More Tears. Like Julia said, Half Moon Key is very similar to No More Tears and has performed better here. No rebloom.

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Did either of you have No More Tears bloom as a bi-tone? Many of the pictures in the data base showed it as a bi-tone and it is also listed on Emmerich's web site as some bi-tone blooms. The bi-tone look is what I was hoping for. Emmerich lists it as a rebloomer but doesn't state if it does in her garden, or that it does only further South. Perhaps only the plants she specifically states rebloom in her garden, are Northern rebloomers.

Thanks,
    Gale

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I've not had bi-tone blooms from No More Tears, but Fear Not (another Emmerich I like) has consistently bloomed bi-tone for me.

I don't have a close-up of Fear Not, but it's in the background of this photo:

Chris

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info Chris. Fear Not gets your attention even though it is in the back ground of the picture, stunning bloom. Hickory Haven has it, but it is more than I am willing to pay for a Daylily, but It is one that I will add to the "get when price comes down" list, a ever growing list.

Thanks,
    Gale

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Julia, your photo of the Light of the World clump is gorgeous--I'm going to add that to my want list.

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Here's a close-up of Fear Not.