Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saturday's Flowers Part One

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 13:35

I wanted to start off by showing that spraying for thrips is really worth it with a pictures of a clear bloom and then a thrip damaged one. LAVA FLOW twice.

Photobucket
Lava Flow the way it should look.

Photobucket
And another LAVA FLOW flower. This one on a different scape. The thrips really ruined this bloom!

Photobucket
Lavaglut Roses Blooming.

Photobucket
My favorite Tango Lilies.

Photobucket
The Southside Rose garden area.

Photobucket
Roses.

Photobucket
More Roses

Photobucket
roses again

Photobucket
More front yard rose views.

Photobucket
Little roses in back of the garage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saturday's Flowers Part One

OH MY GOSH< RITA. Them roses are so beautiful..You certainly know how to grow roses.Roses are a lot of work to keep them looking like yours, but, they are certainly beautiful.I am glad you not fighting deer in your rose gardens,cause they can destroy a rose in a few minutes.I have to get out and spray all my stuff today, before they come back to eat the rest of mine. I love them TANGO LILIES, They are gorgeous, too.

jean

o

Your rose are amazing. Your gardens are truly beautiful.

o

OH MY GOSH< RITA. Them roses are so beautiful..You certainly know how to grow roses.Roses are a lot of work to keep them looking like yours, but, they are certainly beautiful.I am glad you not fighting deer in your rose gardens,cause they can destroy a rose in a few minutes.I have to get out and spray all my stuff today, before they come back to eat the rest of mine. I love them TANGO LILIES, They are gorgeous, too.

jean

o

Ah the roses! Beautiful, beautiful roses. Love the roses!
kay

o

Roses, roses, and yet again more roses. Thank you for inviting us into your rose garden today.
Christine

o

Roses, glorious roses! How sweet the smell must be! I've only seen more roses blooming in a botanical garden. You've done an amazing job of putting your rose gardens together. The passersby must really be gawking at the dazzling display.

Debra

o

I picked the roses for looks so not all the blooms have scent but enough of them do. On a still day you can really smell the rose garden. Took me years to get all the rose beds done and I just recently moved ten roses for relocation and 5 more roses compleately outta here.

Thank you all for the nice comments about my roses. I am pround of them!

o

Whoa, big difference. Although I knew it, you can really tell on some flowers though. Your Tango lillies are beautiful, I love the Tango series & have a few too. Your roses are the real showstopper though, they are just stunning!

o

I just can't get over how stunning your roses are the few I have just can't compare in fact mine are pretty sorry looking. What a difference in the Lava Flow bloom those thrips sure do a lot of damage.
Linda

o

I really should have made it clear that both those Lava Flow blooms are blooming today. So my spraying for thrips didn't save that lousey bloom as it was already about to open and too late to save. But it will prevent damage on other daylily blooms.

Had to spray all the roses again yesterday as I want them to look beautiful! The fungicide keeps the leaves from getting blackspot and the Liquid Fertilizer feeds them.

o

The roses are amazing. I sprayed too this year, twice now. What a difference in the blooms. Well worth the effort.
cindy

o

Your roses are amazing. You must have people coming from all over just to see them.
Val

o

Cindy, I really think the spraying for thrips makes all the difference in the world on some of the blooms. They can turn so ugly without spraying.

Val, I have most of my roses in the front yard so that everyone on the street can see them. Today in the middle of the afternoon a limosine stopped right accoss the street and the bridal party stood in front of the roses while the photograhher took pictures. So I know other people notice those roses.

o

Rita, all I can say is "awesome, awesome, awesome." I've never seen so many pretty roses in one garden before.

Nancy

o

Wow, Rita! I knew you had roses, but didn't realize how many. They are so beautiful. I bet it smells wonderful!

Vickie

o

Vickie and Nancy, I really have those roses crammed in there. While you can see the ground between them early in the spring before they are gowing, after that it just becomes a sea of roses.

o

no good thrips! good luck with that.
really like all the roses, great pics!

o

Awesome rose show! I can just keep looking and looking. And the colors all look great together! Picture with Lavagluts and big daylilies looks so nice.
And sprayed Lava Flow is beautiful! The colors and form. Poor second flower, darn thrips

o

Amazing Rita! Your roses are beautiful! Well all of your gardens are! Love all your photos and blossoms! Thank you! Rena'

o

I can`t imagine all the hours of work you must put into this beautiful garden! You have created a glorious garden, and I love the combinations of roses, lilies, and day lilies. Thank you for sharing your masterpiece! Lesley

o

I love all your rose pictures (of course!)...they look amazing. That is cute how the wedding party had their
pictures taken in front of them. I especially love it when people see me out in my yard working and stop to tell me 'thank you' for giving them something beautiful to look every day on their way to work. I grow all my flowers for me, but I sure appreciate the feedback. I can see that park across the street from you better in these pictures.
What a treat for anyone passing by to see your flowers in all their glory!

Celeste

o

I could be more patient waiting for the daylilies to start blooming if I had roses like yours.

Chris

o

Lava Flow has a beautiful flower today again. I hated that thrip damaged one yesterday.

Thank you all for the nice comments. It usually isn't too bad here waiting for the daylilies because I have the Tall Bearded Iris and then the roses before the daylilies. And they both put on quite the show.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here