Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday's Blooms

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 13:35

And a couple from yesterday. It was very overcast today morning and the colors were so deep, but it sprinkled a bit, just enough to wet the flowers, not enough to water.
And, my later ones started already. It looks like it is going to be a short season..

The combination I like - reds and whites. Neither of them is true red or white, but anyway :)
Bombay Silk and Nan's First Blush
P6280022

Party Pinafore had its FFOs yesterday
P6280064

And Francis of Assisi too
P6280036

I have never seen that before - previous day's bloom didn't close!
P6280104

Maybe was not very pleasant to look at ;) so here's a fresh bloom of it - Fear Not
P6280105

This is today
Old Sol FFO, registered as ML
P6290110

I was excited to see Raspberries in Cream today :)
P6290111

Can you recognize Court Magician? The first flower to open flat; the rest looked like it supposed to be but with one petal sticking out (the thing I don't like at all)
P6290123

Flying Carpet - FFO
P6290164

Look who opened all the way! Filipina Bride - probably liked those previous hot days
P6290187

And an example of camera distorting colors
This is Super Mama like my camera usually captures it, and it is not!!
P6290195

So I tried and tried different angles and finally got one close; though usually when I can get almost the exact color, the eye is not so visible
Super Mama again
P6290196

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday's Blooms

I envy you with that rain. Lots of pretty for you today. My favorites are Filipina Bride, Raspberries in Cream and Party Pinafore.

Debra

o

Thanks, Debra :) But it was no rain, just nuisance. At least it is not so hot! yet.

o

So amny pretty ones. I can't decide between Filipina Bride and Raspberries and Cream. Beautiful!
kay

o

Well now they are all pretty. I do like that Raspberries in Cream. It is a wowser! All all those gorgeous purples. I just love the purples.

o

I like them all. Send the rain this way. We need it again and looks like we won't get any till next week. Very dry here again.

Julia

o

You have some really pretty blooms for your Friday, I really like Raspberries and Cream and Party Pinafore.
Linda

o

Thanks everybody!
I was really glad to see that bloom on Raspberries, and it was my favorite yesterday :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here