Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Couple FFOs, mostly repeats

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 13:40

It was colder at night, many daylilies did not open right.

Nature's Crown second flower, and looks like it won't have many
P6269752

Swirling Water - not the first flower, and the color looks better than in my pic, but what is it? - in the morning and already looks faded? :s
P6269755

This is Strawberry Candy plant, I won't have flowers on it this year. I don't know what happened but all the buds dried out, on all 11 scapes of it :(
P6269759

Forsyth Frostbound
P6269769

Light of the World - FFO
P6269775

Stella Supreme - I like the color, I'd like to add something of that color but of Unusual form, I think it would look great
P6269777

Iowa Summer Evening - big plant! Multiplied very well, in fact all three plants in that spot are big clumps; I should count buds
P6269785

Yellow Titan again - massive! :)
P6269787

Choral Fantasy FFO - ah, what a lovely color, but spots and.. of course poor opening
P6269788

Another one with the same problem, and it is not an FFO
Shores of Time
P6269793

Hyperion FFO
P6269795

Grace Brooker - that's on the second (prob) instant rebloom scape; the first two scapes dried out after giving me one flower
P6269801

Should stop here :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Couple FFOs, mostly repeats

Many pretty ones today. I like Hyperion even though it is a simple flower it just glows. Choral Fantasy usually has a hard time opening around here also. Forsyth Frostbound and Grace Brooker tie for favorite for me.

o

Your Forsyth Frostbound looks great, and I really like Light of the World!

Debra

o

lots of pretty ones. my favorites areFORSYTH FROSTBOUND andGRACE BROOKER.very pretty ones.

jean

o

Grace Brooker is a looker!

o

Ok, I chose the same as everyone. Have you looked underneath Strawberry Candy? I ad that happen one year and the moles and voles had played havoc underneath. Ellie

o

Thank you Rita, Debra, Jean, Mantis, Ellie!
I pick Forsyth Frostbound today too :) It looked good in the morning, and at 4pm too, but it was not a hot day today.
I'll try to look under Strawberry Candy tomorrow, thanks Ellie.

o

Forsyth Frostbound is my pick too, it is a fantastic color & I just like the look of it. Grace is beautiful too, I'm glad it rebloomed so quickly.

o

I agree with everyone else Forsyth Frostbound is stunning just love the colors, I also love the colors on Swirling Waters.
Linda

o

I really enjoyed this post. Just speaking for myself, I never mind seeing repeats, and I appreciate seeing the problem children along with the stars.

NATURE'S CROWN is a beauty. I found myself wondering what the parentage is. Will have to go look that one up. I'm way father south than you are, and I had a lot of buds aborting on Stamile's this year which had bloomed nicely last year. FORSYTH FROSTBOUND is beautiful and I just love bitones. The color on CHORAL FANTASY is so intense, and it is my favorite in spite of not opening well.
Christine

o

Forsyth Frostbound is my pick too. I second Ellie's recomendation. Voles are terrible things, and they can kill a flourishing plant overnight.

Grace Brooker is lovely, and Shores of time and Choral Fantasy...may have a little thrip damage there. You have a lot of really pretty blooms.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here