Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dahlias_bloom

Finally Revealed

dahlias_bloom
9 years ago

One day during the Fall, my fiance and I were driving down a back road when we saw a sign "Free daylilies." I told him to turn around and let's get some. After some convincing, I got my fiance to turn around and pull into the drive.

There were two or three large trash bags full of daylilies!!!! My fiance has never pulled over and gotten something from the curb of the road, so this was new to him. He asked me, "Do we go up to the door and tell them we are getting these plants?" I laughed and told him that they didn't want to be bothered (we still laugh at this. He felt like we were stealing even though there was a sign that said free!). We ended up putting one bag in the trunk.

This whole time, we have not known the type of daylilies we had nor the color. It has been fun to watch them grow taller and taller this season. Finally, a steam and buds formed. The buds remained pretty light and yellow. I assumed they would be some sort of yellow as most daylilies in our area are yellow. WOW... I was very surprised with these beauties!!!!!! They just might be the prettiest plants in my yard :)

Any ideas of what type these beauties could be? Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living