Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sonjamaesmom

Another great bloom day!

sonjamaesmom
10 years ago

Wanted to post just a few that we have blooming right now. I love this time of year when things slow down and I have time to actually walk around and enjoy it in the mornings. We are getting another good hard rain this afternoon.

This is a view of our back beds from the gazebo.

Comments (26)

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Blue Illusion, blooming poly today. Thought this looked awesome!

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Our Friend Olin

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Love Struck

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mint Octopus

This post was edited by sonjamaesmom on Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 14:12

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Fire Agate

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

My favorite is the garden shot. It is beautiful. I would want o be enjoying it too.

Blue Illusion is amazing, but My Friend Olin is my favorite of the blooms. It is a beautiful one.
    kay

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Polynesian Sunrise

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cow Bird

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Norwegian Fantasy

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Evening Majesty

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Star Over Oz

• deangreen
    10 years ago

blue illusions poly really is wonderful to see, wow what a spidery looking thing indeed! ha wish I could see that garden in the photo. :)

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Nice garden shot! The daylilies are all beautiful hard to pick a favorite, but I think I'll go with Evening Majesty and Love Struck. Blue Illusion - all I could say is Wow!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

The garden shot is my total favorite I love garden shots. Our Frien Olin and Evening Majesty are my favorites.
    kay

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Love garden shots,too! You have some real beauties there!!!Love Blue Illusion. Lesley

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I like that garden shot too, that's a beautiful garden.You have some beautiful blooms here, Love our friend olin and LOVE STRUCK is a beauty, my favorite of them is EVENING MAJESTY,

jean

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

I don't like that name but Cow Bird looks like a big one, my favorite kind.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

OH MY GOSH! That garden shot made my jaw drop. Stunning, stunning, stunning.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I love seeing garden photos, really nice! I was having a really, really hard time picking a favorite, they are all so beautiful. Then I saw Star Over Oz, really caught my eye. Blue Illusion is really spidery looking.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Pretty daylilies all, but I can't take my eyes off of your garden shot. What is that tall vertical thing about 1/3 of the way into the photo on the right side (as I look at the picture)? Is it a plant, bottle tree or whatnot?. I see some reddish long somethings on the side of it, but can't make out what it is?.....Maryl

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Your daylilies are gorgeous - love Blue Illusion best, but only by a hair. What makes me delirious at the moment is looking at that lush green garden. If I were there, I'd be walking around all morning with a cup of coffee in my hand and just breathing in all that beauty. I wouldn't get a thing done. It looks like a piece of Heaven on earth.

Nancy

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful garden filled with a lot of stunning daylilies what more could you ask for.
    Linda

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is a bottle tree, made from driftwood. One of our projects this spring, and it turned out beautiful!! :)

• sonjamaesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL...a "Cow Bird" is a bird that is very common here, so I've never really thought anything about that name. It isn't a really flashy name I don't guess, but a big part of culture for anyone who grew up on a farm in the South. I think a Cow Bird is now referred to as a Cattle Egret....??

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I thought about the name cow bird too. Not a particularly nice bird as it lays it's eggs in other birds nests and when their usually larger hatchlings emerge they push out the smaller baby occupants and the surrogate mother raises it instead of her own species......The bottle tree is a nice "southern" addition to your garden. Nothing says south like a nice glass of sweet iced tea on a hot day while watching the sun pass through the colored glass of the different colored bottles. Love it.......Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Beautiful pics.

Julia