Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

another first flower of the season today

jean_ar
9 years ago

well, had not planned to take photos today, but, when I seen my Lime Frost was blooming today, went back in for the camera,and then it wouldn't work and took me over a half hour to get it to work for a few, then it quit again.Went to Wal mart a few days ago to see about a new one, but, they were out of most all camera's and told me to come back after the first when they would have their camera department all redone and new ones coming in on the 1st, so I am still working with my camera almost a hour to finally get it to work for a few photos.

Comments (12)

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is another bloom I really like and it blooms like crazy once it starts.Small bloom at about 3 inches, but,I love the blooms.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

and this oriental is blooming a few weeks earlier too, and the bloom was pointing downward,so not such a good photo.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

and the little stray kitten had disappeared for nearly a week, so I thought it either got killed or it found another home some where, but, it was back on the porch when I went out today, jumping up and down like a wild bronco.Guess it knew it would get some thing to eat. have a nice day, jean

• shive
    9 years ago

Pandora's Box is a cutie, and so is the little kitten you call Dinky. He's has that little pink tongue out and ready to lap up something tasty.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I love your new kitten, Jean. We had a big boy named Stinky Bill that started out life looking just like Dinky. He looks happy to have found you.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Oriental lilies here don't bloom till August. Glad you are getting some late bloom. How would you rate this year's bloom season?

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

mantis; I rate this years bloom season as poor,so far.I have a bunch of daylilies didn't even put up a scape,lost a few,.a couple of my good bloomers didn't bloom at all. some of the bigger ones lost a few fans, too. where I had 6 to 8 fans,I now have 2,but at least I still have the plant,so maybe it will grow more fans,after I can move some or repot themwhich ever is the case.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Oh Dinky is a Dandy. I hope you and he have a long and loving relationship.....I agree with you about Pandora's Box. Always an attention getter in my landscape. Good picture of it. That's one of the prettiest pinks on your Lily............Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Well the best is Dinky with its tongue showing. LOL.

Pandora's Box is a nice multi shot.

Julia

• deangreen
    9 years ago

wow Pandora's Box is doing great for being in a pot. :)

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dean: Pandora's box usually, most times, has up to a dozen blooms at once.and even 15 blooms ONCE. I need to repot it this fall and give it fresh new soil for next year.It grew so much the first few years I had it,till I had to keep repotting it and divideing it up,I have give several pots away and still have three pots of it,I think.I plan to either put it all in a huge planter or find a good place to plant it.
    Chris and maryL. I don't claim the kitten as my own,its just a stray that comes here for a meal and the mother also comes to get some thing to eat.I will feed any stray cat that acts like its hungry when it comes here.

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Jean, I am afraid that I am coming to the same conclusion. The weather has done us in. Of course, early losses weren't exactly a treat.