Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Part One of Daylily Garden Views, the backyard.

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Part one of my garden tour.

Lets start with views of the backyard beds and then go on to a few closeups of daylilies in this part of the yard.

Hearts Of Fire

AARON BROWN FFO

Bitter Melon ffo

Grants Play ffo

Be Fruitful and Muliply

Loaves And Fishes

Kwanza Gold

Flamenco Christmas

Another picture of Flamenco Christmas

Instant Celebration

Comments (11)

• shive
    11 years ago

My favorite is the photo of Instant Celebration. Those flowers look like they're having a great party! The landscape shot are all fantastic!

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW!! These garden viewa are fantastic.. just wish you had included your row of veggie garden down the middle :).I would like to know the name of the purple ones in picture 7. in the front, theres 5 or 6 in a bunch there, They are so pretty., and I just love that row of HEARTS OF FIRE. THATS A BEAUTIFUL DAYLILY. and I love AARON BROWN too. very pretty, GRANTS PLAY looks huge for you and very beautiful, too. Some of my blooms was big, too and some was small.I think I need to fertilize mine. I love ,love love FLAMENCO CHRISTMAS.Its gorgeous, and love INSTANT CELEBRATION, TOO. Gorgeous pictures, Rita.

jean

• ruthz
    11 years ago

They are all beautiful.
    What is the striking one in the bottom right corner of picture # 6?
    It really stands out.

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I posted on here once and it didn't take...What is the name of the one in shot 4, center left? Pretty. I like Aaron Brown and Instant Celebration. Both are gorgeous. All the garden shots are enough to make me wish it was the start of season. It's so dry and hot here that my daylilies are going heat dormant. The water from the hose evporated as it came out when I was trying to water...LOL!! Not really but it seemed so...Ellie

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

The garden shots are spectacular and my favorites, especially numbers 3, 5, qnd 6. And Grant's lay is my favorite close up. Everything looks wonderful, Rita.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Really great pictures today, Rita. But Flamenco Christmas is listed as a double. How about some names on some of the standouts in the garden shots. For example, the lavender-eyed one in picture 1, the bicolor in picture 5, the red-eyed one in picture 4, the ruffled orange (with many open) in picture 3.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

All beautiful pics Rita. The sea of color is fabulous.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all, I just love the backyard when it is a sea of blooms like this.

Mantis, yes Flamenco Christmas is listed as a double but about 95% of the time I get a big single red flower. Every once in a blue moon I get a double flower. I am glad I get the singles as I love them but I hate it as a double.

Ruth that is CARDINAL EXPLOSION.

Ellie, I think you are referring to CARDINAL EXPLOSION also.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Everything is looking stunning, WOW!!! what a sea of blooms.
    Linda

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Your pics are all wonderful! I really like Instant Celebration, Loaves And Fishes and Be Fruitful and Muliply. What is the huge yellow one in the forefront of picture #8? Marg

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Linda. They are comming on strong now.

Marg, that would be KISSES LIKE WINE. It is a great daylily here.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus