Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Part Two of Daylily Garden Views, around the driveway.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 14:08

Part Two of my garden tour.

Views around the driveway. First to one side and the daylily slope and then to the otyer and the garden that runns along next to the driveway. Also some closeups from this part of the yard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Star Of The North

Photobucket
Inherited Wealth

Photobucket
Blissfull Beauty

Photobucket
Mulan

Photobucket
Freds Early Red

Photobucket
Her Little Bloomers

Photobucket
Louise Engle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Part Two of Daylily Garden Views, around the driveway.

BEAUTIFUL,,JUST BEAUTIFUL.eVERY PICTURE is gorgeous. One question. is that hearts of fire, too? in picture 14? nice big clump of them.You have hundreds blooming now.so pretty, too.

jean

o

Everything is beautiful...you must be near peak. I love that big clump os red!
kay

o

other than Inherited Wealth that's a favorite, I like Her Little Bloomers. As usual, your garden looks great! Ellie

o

I love that star of the north,I think was the name,and it looks HUGE, is it? I love all your pictures. I thought my picture taking was going to be over today when I was out taking the pictures, whn I fell on the sidewalk and the camera got away from me and went across the cement, but, didnt seem to hurt it, as I took another picture afterwards.Took me a while to be able to get back up, but, nothing got broke, just badly bruised and a knot on the side of my leg.and the skin tore off my hand.

jean

o

It's great to see so many beautiful clumps! Everything looks wonderful.

Debra

o

I love the driveway views. Was looking forward to you posting them.

Julia

o

Jean, that red clump is Tokay Wine. I really am sorry you fell, put some wich hazel on all your scrapes and bruises and take some aspirin for the ackes and pains.

That you all for looking. I will have to take another round by the driveway in a few days or so as things change quickly.

o

I like Blissfull Beauty of this bunch. But it's all beautiful!

o

newyorkrita, this is off topic, but is witch hazel better for scrapes than peroxide or Neosporin? I got really bad poison ivy this year and now, with your comment above, I wonder if witch hazel would have good a healing and reducing the itch. What do you know?
Pat

o

Thanks so much for all the beautiful garden photos I wish I had the energy to have a stunning garden like yours, oh well maybe someday.
Linda

o

Pat, sorry, I really don't know.

o

Tell us more about Tokay Wine. It makes a very impressive picture, but I see it is not widely offered. Is it slow to multiply?

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 17:06

Your daylilies are really taking off. I bet you are deadheading like crazy. The pictures that caught my eye (among many I might add) are the ones with the random purple Phlox in it. I thought that was neat.....Maryl

o

Ha-ha. Maryl, I am lucky if Iheadhead anything I am taking a picture of. Otherwise they are on their own. I am much too lazy to deal with it.

Mantis, Tokay Wine is one of the intros of a local Long Island hybridizer Isabel Hibard. She only lives about 20 minutes from me. A few years ago I had ordered lots and lots of her intros and went over there and got them They all do really well here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here