Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Part Two of Daylily Garden Views, around the driveway.

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Part Two of my garden tour.

Views around the driveway. First to one side and the daylily slope and then to the otyer and the garden that runns along next to the driveway. Also some closeups from this part of the yard.

Star Of The North

Inherited Wealth

Blissfull Beauty

Mulan

Freds Early Red

Her Little Bloomers

Louise Engle

Comments (14)

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL,,JUST BEAUTIFUL.eVERY PICTURE is gorgeous. One question. is that hearts of fire, too? in picture 14? nice big clump of them.You have hundreds blooming now.so pretty, too.

jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Everything is beautiful...you must be near peak. I love that big clump os red!
    kay

• mizellie
    11 years ago

other than Inherited Wealth that's a favorite, I like Her Little Bloomers. As usual, your garden looks great! Ellie

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I love that star of the north,I think was the name,and it looks HUGE, is it? I love all your pictures. I thought my picture taking was going to be over today when I was out taking the pictures, whn I fell on the sidewalk and the camera got away from me and went across the cement, but, didnt seem to hurt it, as I took another picture afterwards.Took me a while to be able to get back up, but, nothing got broke, just badly bruised and a knot on the side of my leg.and the skin tore off my hand.

jean

• shive
    11 years ago

It's great to see so many beautiful clumps! Everything looks wonderful.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I love the driveway views. Was looking forward to you posting them.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jean, that red clump is Tokay Wine. I really am sorry you fell, put some wich hazel on all your scrapes and bruises and take some aspirin for the ackes and pains.

That you all for looking. I will have to take another round by the driveway in a few days or so as things change quickly.

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

I like Blissfull Beauty of this bunch. But it's all beautiful!

• Pat z6 MI
    11 years ago

newyorkrita, this is off topic, but is witch hazel better for scrapes than peroxide or Neosporin? I got really bad poison ivy this year and now, with your comment above, I wonder if witch hazel would have good a healing and reducing the itch. What do you know?
    Pat

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for all the beautiful garden photos I wish I had the energy to have a stunning garden like yours, oh well maybe someday.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pat, sorry, I really don't know.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Tell us more about Tokay Wine. It makes a very impressive picture, but I see it is not widely offered. Is it slow to multiply?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Your daylilies are really taking off. I bet you are deadheading like crazy. The pictures that caught my eye (among many I might add) are the ones with the random purple Phlox in it. I thought that was neat.....Maryl

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ha-ha. Maryl, I am lucky if Iheadhead anything I am taking a picture of. Otherwise they are on their own. I am much too lazy to deal with it.

Mantis, Tokay Wine is one of the intros of a local Long Island hybridizer Isabel Hibard. She only lives about 20 minutes from me. A few years ago I had ordered lots and lots of her intros and went over there and got them They all do really well here.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting