Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

So this is Friday? Photos from the Crazy Lady

shive
10 years ago

How come no one told me Friday's Funky Freaks should have been Thursdays Terrestrial Triumphs? Well, I know what day it is now, but I didn't know what to title today's post. LOL I went outside half asleep this morning, took hundreds of photos, and discovered most of them were blurry and parts of the blooms were cut off. There were a few presentable ones. See below.

ALWAYS APPLIQUE and METALLIC BLUE EYES

ANNABELLE's BLUSH

WESTBOURNE GOOD OLD DAYS - There's still some bug damage on some of the blooms. This was the most bug infested bed I had. Four different insect species thought it was a salad bar.

LILLIAN'S JINGER BRED with another rebloom scape coming!

BELA LUGOSI

These are the two light colored UFs I'm crossing with my white seedlings. On the left is Sandy Holmes' ROWENA YEAGER. On the right is Nan Wilkerson's GENIE IN A BOTTLE.

Another great Wilkerson intro, SUGAR MAGNOLIA

HOLOGRAM

HERBGIRLS CHERRY MOONSHINE is so well budded even in part shade!

HARVEST MOTH

HENRY LORRAIN

Will the real Friday please stand up?

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 14:29

Comments (14)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Well, your Friday is packed with lovelies. I really like Harvest Moth,

Always Applique and Metallic Blue Eyes are lovely. sugar Magnolia is a beauty, and I like both the white UFs and Westbourne's Good Old Days. Heck, they are all pretty, but I think I will stick with HM for my favorite.

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Well they are all pretty whatever day it is. You've got a good shot of Bella Lugosi. I find his deep, rich color hard to photograph. Annabelle's Blush is an attention grabber. How does she hold up in the heat? Harvest Moth is a nice pink. Lilian's Jinger Bread looks a little more peachy this time, but still beautiful. I especially like the corduroy effect on her petals. What a great group of daylilies you have here......Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay and Maryl - Harvest Moth was showling lots of deep, rich pink highlights today. It usually appears as a yellow flowers with faint peach and pink highlights.

Maryl - Annabelle's Blush seems to do well on hot days here. But it gets shade in the late afternoon when temps are the highest.

Debra

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Ah, the first picture is so beautiful! I also love the look of Annabelle's Blush. Is it a bunny there? Oh W.Good Old Days, I was wondering where that one was. And btw, who is that behind them? Sorry about the bugs. What ended up helping, what chemicals? (Sorry about so many ?? :))
    I also love Harvest Moth, so interesting. Is that one late? Lillian's Jinger Bred is looking very pretty, as they all are.
    Well, I wrote yesterday that your daylilies were from the future ;) Anyway, I always enjoy your creative titles!

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat - Now I get the "future" reference. I thought you were referring to the look of Fad Gadget. That's Crimson Edgings in back of W. Good Old Days. I took photos of them too, but they were out of focus. Harvest Moth blooms ML, and sometimes reblooms very late.

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, Debra, don't feel bad about forgetting what day it is.I do it all he time.hard to keep up with days. you have some beauties anyway, regardless what day it is.
    lOve the photo of ALWAYS APPLIQUE and METALLIC BLUE EYES . that's real pretty.

WESTBOURNE GOOD OLD DAYS
    is a really pretty one today. love them colors
    you just have so many pretty ones today.HENRY LORRAIN is a beauty. My favorite one is BELA LUGOSI . LOVE that purple.

jean

• dani_plus_2
    10 years ago

Best pic of harvest moth EVER

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I never noticed you had your days confused, and as long as you keep posting beautiful pics, I don't think anyone else will care.

So, the standout for me is Sugar Magnolia, followed by that intriguing Harvest Moth. I tried to grow Annabelle's Blush (great photo), but it died over the winter a few years ago. Can't order evergreens from Maryott's again.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

The first photograph is splendid. All the daylilies are fantastic. Now I must say I love Harvest Moth, Sugar Magnolia, Westbourne Good Old Days, Bela Lugosi and Hologram. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

HERBGIRLS CHERRY MOONSHINE is my pick for favorite. And I just love that shot of ALWAYS APPLIQUE and METALLIC BLUE EYES. Lovely photo.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, I really like that first photo though, my favorite. They just look so good together.

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Annabelle's Blush is outstanding - have been wanting that one for some time. Love the colors on Harvest Moth. Sugar Magnolia is delicious-looking. Nan has such fabulous daylilies.

Nancy

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy - The blooms on Sugar Magnolia were gigantic today and darker in color than usual. It's a very nice UF. I have several of Nan's daylilies and have been pleased with them all.

Debra

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Well crazy lady no matter what day of the week it is you have a bunch of stupendous blooms I love them all.
    Linda