Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy9norcal

Some more currently blooming

kathy9norcal
10 years ago

I am too disorganized to post the day's new blooms, but these are currently putting on a show for me.

Rhapsody In Time

Quack Fire

Rennie's Delight

Tropical Hot Flash, a problem child. Only have had two open fully out of a bunch of blooms. Is it too dry here for it?

Tessaract, another problem child. The scapes twist and lay down on the ground almost. Every scape does this. It is the second year. It has got to go!

Spanish Creek, first time it has bloomed

Aztec Sun, new plant, first blooms

Red, Hot, and Bloom, small, new plant

Spiderman took many years to multiply. For years it was three fans.

Can anyone ID this pretty purple, probably a diploid? I would love to have a name for it.

Comments (13)

• shive
    10 years ago

Kathy - I am so glad you posted Rhapsody in Time. The tag on mine had totally faded, and I couldn't remember its name. That was one of the early blue eyed tets, and I've always liked it. I just love Red Hot and Bloom! Is it a miniature, or in the 4 inch range? Also, I think your last one, which is very pretty, is a Carpenter dip possibly named Elizabeth Elaine, or something with Elaine in the name.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Great pictures of beautiful daylilies.
    Val

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Wow, that Rhapsody In Time is really putting on a show. Are those buds from RIT?
    I'm surprised that Tesseract does that. Lambertson daylilies usually stand tall.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kathy, you have really got some beauties.I just love all of them, with the exception of spiderman, maybe, I am not into spider's , at least not yet anyway, and maybe never, but the others are soo pretty,really love the first one. gorgeous.

jean

• kathy9norcal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra (and Julia), Rhapsody In Time is a prolific bloomer for me with tons of buds. I love its colors. Red Hot and Boom is listed as 6.5 inches but mine is a tiny new plant and not so big yet. I think you are right about Elizabeth Elaine daylily though I have never heard of it before and wonder how I got it! How does that happen? Maybe a mislabeled plant.

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Love Problem Child....maybe his name gives away that he has issues, although those couple of beautiful opened blooms may make up for the problems you're having :)

Tammy

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Wonderful blooms, Rhapsody in Time is my favorite.
    Linda

• dementieva
    10 years ago

Do the ruffles on TROPICAL HOT FLASH catch on each other? That seems to be a problem with a lot of ruffly ones.

Nate

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love Rhapsody In Time and your NOID. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

They are very pretty. Do not do away with a problem child after two years. I live in what is supposed to be (by the "Landscaping with Daylilies" book) ideal day lily growing area, and I have waited three years for a bloom on two plants which now bloom wonderfully. Tesseract is a beautiful bloom, and it might well be worth giving it another year.

In my post today, I have a picture of one I had planned to shovel prune, and it has now bloomed well for the last couple of days and has more blooms, so it gets another year for sure. I almost shovel pruned Joan Senior, and she turned into a wonderful bloomer.

Now to your post: I really liked several of them, Rhapsody in Time, Tropical Hot Flash, Tesseract, Rennie's Delight, Red Hot and Boom and your NOID. Too many to pick a favorite, but I really like the ones I named.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Rhapsody in Time really is beautiful, my favorite out of all these great photos.

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

Wow, Tesseract is beautiful! I'm sad it's all weird in the scapes. That may take it off of my want list...