a Few for the Weekend

organic_kitten
9 years ago

One of the lates from Woodhenge, Tree turtles:

Lucky Streak is another late:

Carolina Sugar Daddy:

Wild Child can be splotchy

A Paul Owns seedling I've had for years:

No clue what this is. I bought it several years ago from Rich in CT. I may eventually find the label if I ever get than overgrown bed manicured, an dwill know, but it is late and brighter and smallr than When I Dream:

Asian Fairy Bluebird:

Philistine Champion has has a usual year:

My beautiful NOID is blooming well:

And Gus was napping in the shade near Inca Prince :

kay

Comments (17)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You can see that Inca Prince is nice and tall.
    kay

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the great clump pics, Kay. Its nice to see this type of pictures of Daylilies. I like your NOID best, but all are very beautiful.

Gale

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I'm liking all the purples today, especially that terrific shot of Asian Fairy Bluebird. It looks like Gus is trying to camouflage himself in that clump of Inca Prince.

• shive
    9 years ago

Gus fits right in with the colors of Inca Prince! Do you think he knows that? Your shot of Asian Fairy Bluebird is gorgeous. Mine is not blooming at all after the harsh winter culled the clump from about a dozen fans to four. My other favorite is your NOID. I wish we knew what it was. When I look at it, I think Carpenter, but I don't know what it would be. Philistine Champion is such a great bloomer that seems to go on and on. Is it really the workhorse it seems?

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for looking and commenting. I don't know if Gus thinks he is hidden, Chris and Debra. He is usually trying to get attention. He now will crawl in my lap if I sit down where he can, and he follows me around while I take photos. Chris and Debra, I have had several shots of Asian Fairy Bluebird this year, but all single blooms. Crazy Ivan did not bloom this year at all. Gale, most of mine are blooming in clumps, that's why so many clump photos. Debra, Philistine Champion is a great bloomer that does go on and on and usually reblooms. I got four rebloom scapes on Clown Parade for the first time. Last year, first ever, was one scape. I will be posting off and on for a while, because I really have a lot I haven't shown any of yet.

kay

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Tree Turtles seems very well budded. I really like Inca Prince; that Munson is hard to find. Gus is a darling.

• shive
    9 years ago

Great to see you have photos to post. We always love seeing your clumps! I was upset that my Crazy Ivan had 14 inch scapes for the second year in a row. But after hearing yours didn't bloom at all, I guess I'll forigive it. My Inca Prince usually doesn't have many buds at all - 8 or 9. But this time the scapes have some lateral branching with 15-16 buds, and I have no idea why. Bud counts here are down in general. It does get more shade than it used to, somaybe that kept the ground from drying out so bad.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Inca Prince is really doing a show for you. The purple NOID is very pretty. PO's seedling is a stunner.
    Nice group. Glad to see your still getting blooms and the lates are providing the show.

Julia

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

My favorite (outside of Gus of course) is the Purple with the watermark Noid. I'm planning on buying a daylily from Rich this fall I think. Was it a good experience for you?........Maryl

• katladie
    9 years ago

Those are all beautiful....

• deangreen
    9 years ago

lucky streak is great! and I really like the bright dapper red and yellow one. :)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Mantis, they are budded pretty well. Inca Prince is always easy to see and I like it quite well. Gus was asleep when I started to snap the photo and just looked backwards at me. He's fun.
    Debra, my Inca Prince is a bit in shade too. that pear tree has to go...it is reaching for the power lines which won't work. I think I need to move Ivan...along with quite a few others. IT is being crowded by yarrow.

Thanks, Julia. I have been taking photos, but not posting as much as usual.
    Maryl, I have bought from Rich several times and am always happy with the plants.
    Thanks for looking, katladie.
    Thanks, deangreen, Lucky streak was a lucky bonus plant from Bill Maryott. And I am a sucker for reds and oranges.

kay

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow!! I sure love that noid purple one, its a beauty that I would like in my garden, too.,and I am loving your reds, too. not the first one, as much, but certainly the others.you said CLOWN PARADE rebloomed for you. is it a rebloomer? Mine has never rebloomed, but, this year,I have a bunch that didn't bloom at all, and have lost several this winter.Most of the ones I lost was planted ones, didn't lose the potted ones.. well,I thought I had lost one,and moved the pot today, fixing to dump it out, when I seen a little green nub sticking up, so its not dead yet.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Thanks Kay for the good news about Rich......Maryl

• njmomma
    9 years ago

All gorgeous. Love Carolina Sugar Daddy but I'm partial to whites and creams.

• shive
    9 years ago

I wonder if the NOID purple could be Beside Still Waters?

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Jean, Clown Parade put up one rebloom scape last year, I think I have four this year. I don't know that I was call it a rebloomer, but it can rebloom. A lot of people lost plants or at least fans this winter. It was a rough one. You're welcome Maryl. Nancy, it is a beauty, and being white and a decent substance, it laughs at sun and heat. Never bothers it. I don't think so Debra. This noid's petals almost always curve under decidedly. And the eye and the edge are the odd blue/lavender color you see in the post.

kay

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals