Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

I better start posting before they start roasting

celeste/NH
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I was away for a few days and WOW...things are hopping both in my gardens and here on the forum! I couldn't possibly play catch up on all the photos I've already accumulated so I'll probably save some for when things slow down. It's going to be in the 90's for a few days so I'll probably be straight out watering but wanted to share some of what's going on. DAYLILY season has finally begun for me here with scapes everywhere and some are opening each day. I have enjoyed all of your photos while I waited patiently for mine.

Celeste

BTW...almost all my daylilies are new so these are ones planted last FALL from Maryott

MALAYSIAN MARKETPLACE, ffo (opened up with twins)

CONNOR was as fascinated by it as I was and he was very gentle touching it....

roses are still in bloom.....

WINGED MIGRATION, ffo

WIREGRASS GREENSTAR

{{gwi:781810}}

Comments (11)

• Pat z6 MI
    11 years ago

Oh my! Your roses are simply stunning. And Conor needs a kiss on that precious little arm. Thank you for sharing everything.
    Pat

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW!!! WOW!!!!WOW!!!!GoRGEOUS..I love that MALAYSIAN MARKETPLACE.Its just gorgeousand saturated colors too, Just dont know how you and RITA has these gorgeous saturated colors.Them roses are gorgeous, every one of themWould love to walk through them, smelling each of them. I know the Austins are very fragrant.They are a lot of work too, to keep them so pretty and green. at least it is down south where black spot about controls everything.

jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Those roses are overwhelming in their beauty. And Malaysian Marketplace is always a favorite, and that is a lovely bloom twin. and Conner is precious.
    kay

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Is that Niobe Clematis I saw? Your roses and bed look very colorful. They look great. I like Malaysian Marketplace. Astounding that it looks so well in the heat. Well, maybe it isn't as hot there as here. Scorcher!!! Ellie

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Your daylily foliage looks so healthy! I note they are all nicely mulched--prepared for any hot weather. How about some names on the roses? Particularly the yellowish one towards the end.

• njmomma
    11 years ago

I just love your cabbage roses! I want them so badly but they require more attention and time than I have right now.
    I love Malaysian Marketplace. I have it too and it's so lovely.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Oh Celeste. Those rose borders are just stop you in your tracks awesome. All of them, just stunning, stunning, stunning. I really, really love that rose front yard bed which is pictures 3 and four. Just fabulous. What can I say. Great picture of MALAYSIAN MARKETPLACE too. Things are so pretty at your place.

• shive
    11 years ago

Gorgeous photos of Malaysian Marketplace! Connor looks so cute touching the pistil. Your roses, as always, are glorious. You've done such an excellent job putting those rose borders together. I love the companion plants and the statues too!

Debra

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your comments...and now to answer some questions. Ellie, yes that is Niobe clematis with Graham Thomas rose. I love the deep, saturated purple of it with the yellow. Mantis, the gold/yellow rose in photo #13 is 'Caramella'. Other roses: Photo #5/cream-colored rose is 'Rokoko'. Photo #8 coral-pink rose is 'Lafter'. Purple rosebush in photo # 11 is 'Charles de Mills' the old gallica rose. Photo #12 (pale pink) is 'Mayor of Casterbridge'. Next-to-last photo of pale cream rose is 'Windermere'.

Thanks so much for all your comments everyone!

Celeste

• houstmag
    11 years ago

OMG!!!! Celeste your roses are stunning and your Dl's are looking beautiful to.
    Linda

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Your roses are spectacular! Love that bed view with an angel statue and rock border. Malaysian Marketplace is beautiful. I'd be interested to know how it performs for you, maybe I'll order it as well :)

JBs are not there yet? They already distroyed my basil, ate every single leaf of course, and their favorite snack, PJPII, will open soon. I better cut what I can and bring inside!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths