Clown Parade:

Rose F Kennedy:

My Heart Belongs to Daddy:

I'll stop now

kay

Comments (12)

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

WOW!!!! What some beauties you have today. I just love that RANGER BOB, that's gorgeous. and would love to have CRIMSON EDGES myself,Its another gorgeous one. ROMAN COHORT is so pretty .too..and CAT BALLOU is a beauty, too. and I love CLOWN PARADE all the time. its always a beauty. but,them first two are my favorites of these.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

They are all eye poppers, but have to go along with Jean. Ranger Bob takes the gold star........Maryl

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Those are some beauties.
    Red Eyed Fantasy and Rose Kennedy are my favorites.
    I like the color of your Clown Parade better than mine.
    Mine seems to have a lot of yellow.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for looking. Jean, I am probably at peak bloom right now. I wasn't able to post for several days, so had to pick and choose to post today,

Maryl, Ranger Bob came off the lily auction three or four years ago. It had been somewhat overshadowed by a Bridal Wreath Spirea which I pruned pretty hard and it is enjoying the sunshine.

Ruth, Clown Parade's color varies some with the heat here. The cooler it is, the brighter the red and the less yellow to it. I fell in love with Red Eyed Fantasy when someone posted pictures here on the forum. Same thing with Rose F Kennedy. They both seem to be very strong plants. and pretty quick increasers.

kay

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

I agree that Ranger Bob is stellar. How would you describe the color, as AHS calls it "red"? Is it perhaps a purplish red? Red-Eyed Fantasy didn't survive here; I like the color but not the short scapes. How does Crimson Edgings take the sun?

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 17:22

• shive
    9 years ago

My favorite is Clown Parade. The blooms really do look like they're on parade in that photo. Crimson Edgings is looking good, and Ranger Bob is a lovely purple. The Pink Gingham and My Heart Belongs to Daddy clumps are very impressive.Keep those photos coming!

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

That photo of Clown Parade is great. So many blooms open. I am drawn to Pink Gingham as it has a lovely color and form.

I have several seedlings with RFK as a parent . I always wondered if I should have gotten the daylily to do my own but talked myself out of it. LOL.

Nice group Kay. Your garden must be bursting with color.

Julia

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

They are all beautiful. I bet it was fun to walk in your garden today.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for looking and commenting. Mantis, Ranger Bob has always been the purple shade you see in my garden...I suppose one could call it a Purple red. the red on crimson edges lightens and the edge tightens in full sun. Clown Parade does line up, doesn't it, Debra? I am pretty close to peak now, I think. My heart Belongs to Daddy has been blooming in clumps every day for a week. Has to be close to through. Julia, Pink gingham is one that has those perfect blooms routinely. Ikayd, I took some garden shots today, so it was kind of fun.

kay

• growgirl
    9 years ago

All of these are great! My fav. is Ranger Bob. I cannot help but love purples. I am so happy to see eveyones blooms! I just found my first scape of the season yesterday. So, a little while for me yet...

• deangreen
    9 years ago

you have Cat Ballou!!!! wow. and it even looks like the few photos out there I've seen. :) nice job.
    I really like the first flower, I always like a mix of purples. great pics!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Growgirl, it won't be long then.
    Deangreen, I was on the waiting list for 3 or 4 years for Cat Ballou. The first bloom took 2 days to fully open, but the last several have opened in one day.

kay