Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kisses, stars, clowns and cats in the garden (photos)

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 14:36

KISSES FROM HEAVEN was looking heavenly today. The edge was quite a bit darker than the first bloom.

Sammie joined Tuxie and me on our garden walk this morning. For some reason Tuxie, her mama, was hissing at her. I couldn't get a photo of Tuxie. She wouldn't stay still.

CHEROKEE STAR with triplets

EL DESPERADO with ADAMAS in the background

CATHERINE NEAL - This one's a late bloomer. It was low on buds this time. There are only a couple of blooms left.

CHARLIE - This one's registered as midseason bloomer, but it's always one of my latest to start blooming.

ANTIQUE NOUVEAU is another late bloomer

FROZEN MARGARITA is down to her last few blooms

BELA LUGOSI - I realized yesterday I hadn't yet photographed this stellar performer.

ORANGE CLOWN, another late bloomer, had its ffo today.

Sammie didn't last long on the walk. She decided to get out of the sun and take a nap.

JAZZBERRY JAM hibuscus has started blooming.

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kisses, stars, clowns and cats in the garden (photos)

Cherokee Star is fab as is Catherine Neal - I love hot reds like that. I also love the photo of Sammie!

o

Love the pictures of Sammie, especially the one napping in the pot. Typical cute cat behaviour. Beautiful daylilies as usual and my favorite is CHEROKEE STAR.

o

Sammie is such a pretty cat. You have many beautiful blooms today, but Cherokee Star (sucker for red) and Kisses from Heaven are my favorites. But...Orange Clown could snak in there.

kay

o

Kisses From Heaven is beautiful. Love the edge on it now. Frozen Maraguerita and Sammie are my next favorites...Ellie

o

Does Sammie have a different temperament from Tuxie? I would not have guessed that Sammie was the offspring, as Tuxie in pictures seems more dynamic.

o

Sammie is adorable.

I love Bela Lugosi and Catherine Neal - really drawn to the dark ones this year.

Thanks for sharing!
Alexa

o

I like the photo you did of EL DESPERADO with ADAMAS in the background.
Nice pic also of the JAZZBERRY JAM hibuscus and of course, who doesn't like to see the "kids".

Julia

o

CHEROKEE STAR is looking gorgeous. Once again, the photography rules!
Christine

o

Youhave some gorgeous blooms today. They are all soo very pretty. but my favorite one is SAMMY, she is so cute.. My favorite of the blooms are KISSES FROM HEAVEN thats a beauty.love CHERAKEE STAR, too.

jean

o

Mantis - Sammie has the temperment of a wild panther, but she loves her mama. Tuxie has been cranky around all of her offspring this week. I don't know what that's about. She's very affectionate toward me.

Anna, Rita and Kay - Cherokee Star is very nice red the later part of the season. It's sunfast up to 92 or 92 degrees. Unfortunately most of the days it's bloomed here, the temps were higher than that

Debra

o

My favorite photo is El Desperado, but my favorite daylilies are Kisses from Heaven and especially Frozen Margarita. FM might make it onto my short list.

Your cat pics are always appreciated.

o

Chris - Stay tuned to find out where Frozen Margerita lands on the bud count list.

Debra

o

Lovely photos. I gave my ORANGE CLOWN away some years ago; your photo is almost making me regret it!

Lovely edge on KISSES FROM HEAVEN. I love the narrow-edge, no-eye look on daylilies.

o
RE: Poly

Poly - I don't know how you could part with Orange Clown, especially because its late. I'm always adding late bloomers to keep the season going. Kisses from Heaven has a wonderful edge and thick rubbery petals that can really take the heat.

Debra

o

LOVE Catherine Neal and Bela Lugosi! Do you think they would do well in Texas?

o
RE: Nichole

Gwnichole- Bela Lugosi holds up well in the heat. It's a semievergreen that I know other Texans grow. I'm not sure about Catherine Neal. It's a dormant. Some dormants do well in Texas, and others don't survive. Maybe Ed Travis or another Texas resident will see this and comment.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here