Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wednesday blooms.

Posted by jean_ar z8 Ar (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 14:40

Well, shes not so perfect in this photo. She needed that extra hour for that peddle to lay flat.

IMG_5403

and this one is reblooming and also has one of them weird fans.

Photobucket

another weird thing, this fan coming out of the Marietta Surprise rebloom scape.

Photobucket

CHINA BRIDE has 2 rebloom scapes too.

Photobucket

and I spotted another rebloom scape on this one too, while taking its picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

IMG_5385

jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wednesday blooms.

Jean, aren't those wierd fans a sort of prolif? You may be able to root them and get another of the same plant. I have two of them on Cosmic Kaleidescope.

You have some beautiful blooms, and Choral Fantasy is my pick of them.

kay

o

China Bride and Choral Fantasy are my picks for favorite. I also like those white lilies with the yellow blush, pretty, pretty. Those weird things you have are prolifs. Just root them when the scapes start to go brown.

o

KAY< yes, I think it must be a prolif. I just have never seen any so big and not have any roots started on it.

RITA. OK< will wait for this one to turn brown.I done what you said to do on the other one and cut it off and have it in water, and that scape wasn't turning brown, except for maybe a couple inches at the top of it, it was a big fat scape and green. hopefully I wont kill my plant.

jean

o

Jean, Fiery Temper would be my choice of these. I saw a pod setting beside Beautiful Edgings. The " weird" thing coming out of Marietta Surprise looks to be a prolifs.When the main scape turns brown, cut it about 2 inches below the prolif then stick it in the pot all the way to the bottom of the prolif and keep it watered. I usually put mine in the place where the grown daylily is growing. It may bloom, sometimes they do...Love the Oriental Lilies. Do you know their name? Ellie

o

ELLIE< The lilies are suppose to be GOLD BAND.
OK, WILL do the prolif and hope to get another plant going. I love MArietta SURPRISE. so hope it roots.

jean

o

Yay, another prolif! My favorite is Choral Fantasy today, mine has a scape :) Only one, but I'll take that. I'm curious to see how will it bloom.
I like Wonder of it All and Beautiful Edgings too of course.
Oh, and I looked at the name of my similar lily, and mine is called Montreal. So they must be different, I need to find pics of mine and compare

o

I love Choral Fantasy. What a pretty bloom that one is. I almost got that one when I ordered from Maryotts. And Beautiful Edgings continues to dazzle.

Celeste

o

I just found a rebloom scape growing on Beautiful Edgings today.hooray,I was hoping it would get at least one rebloom scape, so it will extend the blooms a little longer.:)makes 26 now with rebloom scapes.

jean

o

I think the "Wonder of it All" is real pretty. She looks like a little lady with a lace skirt. It looks to be a greenish yellow color. I also like "Beautiful Edgings." that one looks greenish yellow too. Very pretty.
Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here