Thursday Prettiest: Mainly Clumps

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Isle of Patmos was nice today:

Rebloom on Marseilles Watercolor:

Eye-Yi-Yi is a bright clump:

Only two, but always artsy - Exquisitely Subversive:

Clumps of Philistine Champion and Bird Talk:

Black Fathom Depths on rebloom (Hooray!)

Whistler's Sister:

Ruby Lipstick:

Butterfly Cove: rebloom

jpg"/>

Last bloom on RFK with the reds (and Wall of fire for Debra)

Golly Galore is a dramatic clump:

Bluegrass memories:

And I still don''t understand why I upload a picture to a certain size, and Photobucket decides to make it half again as big. (That's why Golly Galore is so big) And once it is too big, nothing I can do will reduce the size proportionately, especially if I have cropped it. Sorry.

kay

Comments (19)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay: None of your photos are too big.. just right. I even like them bigger myself, but, certsinly no smaller. golly Galore is a beauty and my favorite out of these.aND I simply adore BLUEGRASS MEMORIES, also BUTTERFLY COVE gorgeous.

jean

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Oh, so wonderful, all your daylily pictures. They are all great, but I think I agree that Bluegrass Memories, Butterfly Cove and Golly Galore are outstanding. Speaking of butterflies, I think Butterfly Season will be blooming here in the morning, can hardly wait to see it. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Jean. Golly Galore is a really fine plant. It is not one that has the curl back in it's petals at 6:30, but it is there by 7:15 to 7:30.

Jean and Avedon, Bluegrass Memories is in afternoon shade. I think the color would be less intense otherwise.

Avedon, I can;t wait to see it. I have it in a pot, haven;t planted it yet. I love Rita's though.

kay

• dementieva
    10 years ago

It looks to me like the forum is normalizing the photos to the same width, so the one vertical photo turned out larger than the horizontal ones. I noticed that when I was posting photos recently too.

Nate

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Wonderful pics. I have Isle Of Patmos and I'm hoping for nice looking blooms like yours this year. I can hope, right?
    Ruby Lipstick is so sweet. Does it have a high budcount for you?
    Of course, Philistine Champion ranks high with me.
    Black Fathom Depths is so special. Can't wait for mine to bloom this year.
    Golly Galore looks great in a large photo. Really shows well.

BTW, Clown Parade has a scape coming up :-).

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

All the clumps look great to me. And a big hurray, hurray for rebloom already. Black Fathom Depths is my favorite here. Such a beautiful bloom.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

butterfly cove is really a standout! wow.
    same goes for RFK in there with the red ones. nicely done. :)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Ruby Lipstick is looking very good!

• User
    10 years ago

I just love your choice of daylilies. Many of your photos last year inspired my most recent additions. And now I must add Isle of Patmos and Marseilles Watercolor to my must have list.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nate, that must be it. Frustrating. Julia, hope Clown Parde and Isle of Patmos do well for you. The first two years, Ruby Lipstick had a few blooms. This year, a bloom factory: See below:

Thanks, Rita, there are already 24 with re-blooms.

Thanks, Mantis. As I told Julia, I guess it takes the third year to do well.

Hoatabuff. Thanks much. Look at Debra's, Rita's, Julia's and Floota's for lots of inspiration.

kay

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Gosh, they are all so beautiful, all favorites! But if I really had to chose it'd be the picture of the last :(( bloom on RFK among other daylilies. Btw, what's the one to the right of RFK?

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I like all of them but a few caught my eye. I love Exquisitely Subversive with its pencil line edge. The color is really nice. Black Fathom Depth and Ruby Lipstick are always beauties but my favorite has to be Golly Galore, that clump is gorgeous! Marg

• houstmag
    10 years ago

All are awesome especially Isle Of Patmos.
    Linda

• wren_garden
    10 years ago

I was just saying to myself this morning that I am very happy with my 92 Daylilies and think I am over "Daylily fever" and can be content. THEN I go and look at your post and am lost again. Isle of Patmos and Ruby Lipstick please.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

I love so many of these but Ruby Lipstick and Golly Galore are my favorites . Oh and Isle of Patmos and all the rest. Sad to see the last bloom on RFK.
    Val

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat4b, the big kind of reddish pink one is Wall of Fire.

Marg, Golly Galore poses for pictures all through it's bloom period, and it always re-blooms.

Wren-garden, that's how I would up with 350, and I'm a rank beginner. there's always another one I "have to have".

Val, I hate to see RFK through blooming too, but I won't let it re-bloom if it tries. It needs to be a big plant. the others you chose are all favorites too. And they are all great bloomers. Isn't that cool?

kay

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Oh, thanks. I thought Wall of Fire was on the left :)

• shive
    10 years ago

Wonderful photos, as usual. My favorite is the group shot with RFK, the reds, and Wall of Fire. I also love that clump of Isle of Patmos and the Ruby Lipstick twins. I see my RL had its first bloom today.

Debra

• Nancy
    10 years ago

So many, & I love them all of course. I think maybe I like Isle of Patmos best, but I can easily change my mind. Ruby Lipstick had its first bloom here today, such a pretty flower.